Chapter 39

Harry's P.O.V.

I really want to be back at the party right now, not driving Louis to Sophie's house. I'd like to be with Emma, just being around her makes me feel alive. I'm definitely not going to rush her. She has been through a lot and I'm not going to make her feel even worse. Emma deserves the best. All I know is that she is probably afraid to fall in love again. And it's all because of the guy sitting next to me.

"So when's the wedding?" I ask, trying to say it in a friendly tone.

"Who's wedding?" He groans.

"Yours."

"Why do you know about that?"

"Emma told me."

"Of course she did. This is great, just great."

"Why is it so bad that people know about it?"

"Because, I didn't want anyone knowing about what's going on in my life right now. I was careless and now everyone knows about it. I made a mistake. Do you think I'm ready to get married or even be a father?" I stay silent. The last thing that I want to do is offend him.

"Exactly." He stares out the window. I feel bad for Louis. He had his entire life ahead of him and now he has another obstacle ahead him. I just don't know if he'll be able to get through it.

"Look Louis, I know it seems crazy now, but a year from now it'll be completely different. You'll be a great father and have a loving wife. I know it doesn't seem that way now. You're just going to have to trust me."

"Whatever. You sound like Dr.Phil or something right now."

"It's a gift." I smirk.

"You make a left here." Louis directs me.

"Louis, I know what you're doing."

"With what?"

"Emma."

"What are you talking about?"

"I can tell that you're avoiding her and act like you're done with her. Are you Louis, are you really?"

"I don't know. It just seems like the right thing to do. She deserves happiness and I'm not going to hold her back."

"Good. That's what needs to happen." I look at him. Louis nods and I pull into Sophie's driveway. He thanks me and then I help him walk to the front door. He is still pretty out of it and he stumbles almost every 5 seconds. Once he is inside, I climb back into my car and head back to the party.

Emma's P.O.V.

I try to stop listening after I hear Zayn say that Louis passed out from being drunk. First it was smoking and now it's drinking. What's next? I don't even want to know.

I am relieved to see Harry once again and he comes to sit down next to me. I'm glad that he's here again. Maybe we can try to have a good time for the rest of the party.

...

"I had a good time." I tell Harry on the way back to my house. It truly was a lot of fun. Everyone was happy and their was no drama. And no one brought up HIM.

"Me, too." Hardy smiles as we pull into my driveway.

"Thanks for being there for me. I know that I must have been a real pain." I say.

"It really was nothing. What are friends for, right?"

"Yeah, friends." I look out the window.

"Just friends." He says awkwardly. I turn to look at him and his eyes meet mine. He leans in and I start to lean in, too. I don't want to ditch him like last time. Am I moving on too fast? Should I kiss him? Is this a good idea? My thoughts stop when our lips touch. His kiss is gentle at first but becomes stronger. It isn't like kissing Louis... stop Emma. I push my thoughts about Louis to the back of my mind and continue to kiss Harry. He's a good kisser and it feels good to put my lips to someone else's. Once our kiss breaks, I thank him for the ride and head inside. This time Louis isn't going to ruin my relationship with another guy. Not this time or ever again.

( The End is coming within a few (maybe more) chapters. There will be a sequel though! Don't forget to vote! Thanks! )