Chapter 11

Louis's P.O.V.

I've called Sophie at least 10 times and Emma about 20. I understand why Emma won't answer, but I don't understand why Sophie won't. I really need someone to talk to and that someone used to be Emma. She would listen to all my problems and always would take my side. But now she won't listen to me and I don't blame her.

I call Sophie another time and it goes to voicemail. I wonder why she won't answer. She always has her phone on her and I know that for a fact. Every date that we go on, she is always on her phone, texting on of her friends or something. I'm glad that it is finally Sunday. I want this weekend to just be over and take all the memories with it.

I still can't believe that Emma said that she loved me. She "loved" me, as in the past. I feel like I got hit by a bus. I probably look like it, too. I've stayed in bed all day. I convince myself to go take a shower and head to the bathroom. As I undress, I look in the mirror. My lip isn't as swollen as it was, but my nose is just as bruised. Like I said, I look like I got hit by a bus. I turn the water on and climb into the shower. The water feels good and soothes my aching back.

Maybe I should break up with Sophie. She's been shutting me out of her life and it's irritating. I should. Maybe Emma would forgive me. I'll do it on Friday so that I don't have to look at her sad face at school the next day. I'm doing it for Emma and for myself.

Emma's P.O.V.

I head out of my room to go eat dinner.
I stayed at Niall's last night, again and I love it. We are dating, he confirmed it just when he brought me back home just a few hours ago. I haven't really left my room, I only left once to go to the bathroom, but that's it. I sit down at my usual spot and wait for my mom to bring dinner out. I wonder why my dad isn't out yet, but I don't really feel like going to get him.

My mom brings out the dinner and sets it on the table without a word. I wish that I was with Niall. We begin to eat in silence. My father still hasn't come out yet and I begin to worry. It isn't like him to miss dinner.

"Where's dad?" I ask and take another bite of mashed potatoes.

"In our room." She obviously doesn't want to talk or she's just upset about something.

"What's wrong with him?" I ask and she puts her face in her hands.

"They found him."

"Who?"

"Ken." She begins to sob.

"Why are you crying? This is great news! He's finally coming home!" I take her shoulder and pull her into a hug.

"They found his dead body."