Chapter 10

Emma's P.O.V

I wake up to Niall's arms wrapped around my waist and his head on my shoulder. My first kiss was Niall. I don't know if that makes us a couple or what? Anyway, I wish I could erase most of last night. Everything that had to with Louis I wish I could erase. Just thinking about it makes me sick. I try to focus on the good parts of last night.

"Good morning, beautiful." Niall kisses me on the cheek. I turn to face him and peck him on the lips. He is so cute in the morning. His hair is messy and his voice is raspy and adorable.

"Good morning." I say with a smile. I hope my breath isn't bad. After laying there for another 20 minutes or so, I ask for a piece of gum. That helps a little bit. I hope. We decide to go out to breakfast and stop by my house so that I could change. I try to be as quick as I can. My father probably didn't notice that I wasn't here.

As I change into a cute t shirt and shorts, I hear sobbing down the hall. I go to the source. It is coming from my parents' room. My mom isn't home so it must be my dad. I open the door a crack to see and thank god that it didn't make a noise. My father is crying over a picture of my Brother Ken. Seeing my father cry makes me feel weak on the inside and makes my heart ache. I miss Ken I truly do, but not as much as my dad. Ken was his best friend. I pull myself away from the door and leave the house. I climb into the car.

"What's wrong?" Niall must see the sadness on my face.

"Nothing you need to worry about. Let's just go to breakfast." I look out the window to avoid Niall's stare. We arrive at a cute breakfast and lunch place. We take our seats and order our drinks. Niall and I were in the middle of a conversation when someone interrupts us.

"Emma, it's been to long." Sophie states and tries to hug me. I stay in my seat I don't want to touch her.

"Why did you stop riding to school with us?" Sophie asks and she wants an answer.

"I asked her to ride with me." Niall states and takes my hand. He is such a life saver.

"Aww, Emma. You didn't tell me you had a boyfriend." She smiles just making me more uncomfortable. The way she looks at Niall gives me the chills and I don't know why.

"Sophie, this is Niall. Niall, this is Sophie." I introduce them. Sophie gives me a glare.

"We've met." Is she about to cry? She walks away and I think I can catch a tear streaming down her face. Niall never even looked at her. That was weird.