Chapter 23

Emma's P.O.V.

I open my front door to a tired Louis who looks like a tortured puppy. His eyes have bags underneath him and looks like somebody ripped out his hear and stomped on it. Sophie needs to realize what she has and not take advantage of it. If I had Louis, I would not take him for granted.

I let him in and lead him to my room. I run down to the basement and grab an air mattress. He has a fiancé so we definitely aren't sleeping together. I hear a crash upstairs and run up the stairs with the air mattress. What the hell was that? I throw the air mattress into my room and run into the kitchen. Louis is standing there trying to pick up the shattered pieces of glass and I bend down to help him.

"No, back away. I don't want you to get cut." He pushes me away. I ignore him and bend down and start to pick up the glass. He sighs in defeat. I may love him but he's not the boss of me.

"I was just getting some water and I started dozing off and the next thing I knew, I had shattered glass at my feet." He keeps his eyes on the floor.

"It's fine." We finish picking up the glass and head to my room. He sits on the air mattress and I sit down beside him. I put my head on his shoulder and his arm wraps around me. I wish that we could be together and not have to love in secret. He plants a kiss on my head.

"I just don't know anymore, Emma."

"Don't know what?" I look at him.

"How much longer I can pretend to love Sophie. I want to be a good dad. I really do. But, I don't want to be the father of her child." He looks at me. I love it when we stare into each other's eyes.

"I know, Louis. You shouldn't have to do this." I understand as much as a can from an outside perspective.

"I love you, Louis." I say.

"Why me?" He looks sincere.

"What do you mean?"

"Out of all the guys you could have, hell, you have a rich guy who loves you wrapped around your finger. You could have a great guy who doesn't have any problems. But, you love me? That doesn't make any sense. I knocked up a girl at 18. 18! And you love me?" He shifts uncomfortably.

"I love you for the real you. Not the one who knocked up a girl I'm high school. I love that you would stay around and not run away. I love that you care about your child's future. I love that you came to stay with me in the hospital. I love that you basically saved my life. Louis, I love you." He looks at me and smiles.

"You really think that?" He sounds surprised. I nod.

"Of course I do." I smile. Sure, he has his share of problems, but I do too. We balance each other out. I kiss him and he kisses back. My heart begins to race and I put my hands on his body. His is, too. I take his shirt off and don't part our lips. He takes off my sweatshirt and I am left in a t shirt and sleep shorts. He takes off my t shirt and I am left in a bra. This is weird, but I don't care. He presses his chest against mine and doesn't break our make out session. I lose my balance and fall on to my bed. He takes this as an invitation and climbs on top of me. My lips and his keep a perfect pattern and he takes off his jeans, revealing his plaid boxers. I smile and he laughs. My mind is blank, so I just keep on kissing him. Before I know it, we are laying side by side, both out of breath. I glance at my clock. 3:00. We were making out for that long. I switch off the light and press my lips to him once again.

(Hi everyone! Happy valentine's day! Don't forget to vote! ily all!)