Chapter 18

Louis's P.O.V.

"Do you like this one?" Sophie comes out in a beautiful white gown and models it for me. She's six months pregnant so obviously it doesn't fit right, but she still looks gorgeous.

"Love it." I smile at her and she smiles back. She runs into the dressing room and undresses. After she is done, we go to pay for the dress. The women goes into the back to grab the correct size.

"Louis, put your hand here." She instructs and I put my hand on her stomach and feel a kick.

"Oh my god." I laugh and smile. My baby boy or girl just kicked my beautiful fiancé. The women returns and hands us the dress. Sophie thanks her and we head back to the car. My phone rings and I answer.

"Hello?" I ask.

"Louis, this is Niall. Don't hang up!" His nose sounds stuffy and his voice is shaky. Was he crying?

"Hurry and say what you have to say." I say harshly.

"It's Emma." He begins to cry over the phone. My heart stops.

"What? What happened to Emma! Niall!"

"She was driving her new car and the brakes weren't working. She ran through a red light and an eighteen-wheeler hit her dead on.." He sobs.

"Where is she?" I need to see her. What if she's dead? My eyes fill with tears.

"At St.Jude's. She isn't doing well and I'm so scared."

"I'm on my way."

------------------------------

After 15 minutes I arrive at the hospital. Sophie stays in the car and I sprint inside. Niall is sitting in the waiting room with his face in his hands.

"What room is she in? I need to see her!" I demand.

"214." Niall sobs. I feel bad for the guy. His girlfriend was just in a terrible car accident. I barge into the room and find Emma laying in a hospital bed. She has marks up and down her left arm from the window's glass. Her entire body is covered in cuts and bruises. Her leg is in a cast and she has a gigantic gash across her back. Her forehead is wrapped in a bandage that is splattered with blood. My heart drops. She could have died and she still might.

I rush to her side and cup my hand around her perfect face. Tears stream down my face. What if I lose her?

"Emma, I don't know if you can hear me." I sniffle.

"I am so sorry, Emma! I keep on pushing you out of my life. I can't live without you. You are always on my mind and I can't stop thinking about you. Please don't go. I can't lose you. Don't give up on me! I need you! I need you more then anything or anyone! Everything in my life is screwed up but you! I ruined our relationship and shut you out! No matter how hard I try, I can't help but show that I love you. I LOVE YOU! I love you more then Romeo loved Juliet! I love you more the Jack loved Rose! I love you more then anyone loves anybody else! I love you and need you! Please don't leave me!" I grab her hand and ball my eyes out. Everything that I said is true. I turn around to see the nurse at the door.

"What's wrong with her? Will she live? I need to know!" I yell at her. I feel bad but I can't help it.

"She's lost 40% of blood, sir. Her leg is also broken and the gash on her back is deep and severe. She will need a little time, but if she doesn't come through.." She looks at the floor.

"What's the chance of that happening?"

"70% of her not coming through, sir. I'm sorry." She says and leaves the room. Emma is sure to die. 30% that she won't isn't good enough. I need her to live. I run to catch up to the nurse.

"What kind of blood does she need?" I ask.

"AB negative, sir. It's very rare."

"Well there has to be someone who has it!"

"There is only one person that we know of."

"Who? I'll find anyone."

"Derek Walker." She says. My birth father.