On her hands

{Zak POV}

Watching her leave the store in annoyance, I sighed hard. I wouldn't run after her for two reasons. 1, we were both grown ups. 2, I had to get the things in the shopping cart most of it was my allergy medicine, vitamins and contact lens cleaner.

The queue slowly dwindled away until I was served, giving the cashier a friendly smile, I watched the red tint grow along her face as she blushed. As I paid for my things, I threw her a playful and harmless wink causing her to fumble around with the change until it was almost cast into my hand.

I left the store and headed towards the car when I paused, the door was left wide open as the keys as well as Robyn's handbag and phone were thrown on the seat.

My eyes shot around the car park as horns filled the air making me zone into one place....

-----------

{Robyn POV}

Warmth flooded my body as arms held me tightly. I clutched at the fabric, under my fingers it felt like a jacket. My ears picked up the thudding of a heart as I stayed there in the embrace.

He got to me, Zak made it before anything bad happened.

I smiled feeling large hands run down my back gently in comfort. Lifting my head up, I went to burrow into the cologne scented nook of his neck when I froze.

I could feel something unfamiliar, I sniffed at the neck as my body stiffened.

This was not Zak...

This person was not my Zak!

"Are you okay?" A mans voice asked making me gasp and move away from him quickly in shock.

His brown eyes tried to read my face as I looked at the trimmed beard around his face. His eyebrows were pulled gently as he took me in.

"You.." I whispered.

If he didn't look confused he sure as shit did now as I backed away from him like he was the devil.

He lunged forwards pulling me back into him as a motorcycle shot past us.

"You gotta death wish?" He asked gently with a smile pulled revealing his white teeth.

"P-probably." I stuttered as he held my hand gently.

"You okay? You look a little off colour. Maybe you should sit down?"

"I-I need to go."

"I think you best take a seat first, what's your name?" He asked pulling me towards him again.

"R-Robyn."

"Hi Robyn, I'm..."

"Nick." A voice growled. My throat felt even more restricted and dry seeing the anger on Zak's face as he shoved past him and grabbed my arm.

Zak's fingers dug into my arm making me whimper and clutch his hand. He looked surprise at himself and instantly let go apologising quietly.