Winchester.

Leaning against the lounge doorframe I sighed seeing Zak slumped on the couch glaring at the equipment set out on the table.

We hadn't spoke since the attack and I was getting more and more worried that he wanted me to go and leave him with all this. Something that wasn't going to happen any time soon.

Night had fallen and even now he was still sat in the dark, waiting for some type of interaction, but the EM pump and R.E.M. Pod sat on the side stayed silent.

"Zak... are you coming to bed? It's 2.55." I spoke.

"No." He deadpanned. "Go back to bed."

"I can't.." I mumbled sheepishly "I can't sleep without you near me or knowing that you're not gonna let this drop."

His head snapped up to me in the moonlight "Let it drop? Let it drop?!" He raised his voice making me shift in my feet uncomfortably.

"I thin-"

"No I'm not going to let this fucking drop!" He shouted. "This has started because of me! Every woman who's been hurt or scared in my presence because of this attachment is because of me! So no! I won't let it drop!"

"I didn't mean what I said... Earlier." I began knowing his reaction had only been brought on by my words. "It's the first time I've ever had that happen to me, I mean properly happen. It scared me and I said things I wouldn't say. Things I can't physically do... If this is because I said I can't do this anymore... Then stop. Zak I can't leave you. I don't think I could function."

"You did last time." He bit.

"Last time was different and you know it. I have you, that's all I have now."

"You left last time, afraid."

"Of making you mad, ruining your life." I stressed stepping into the room.

"How do you know how I would have reacted?!" He snapped back.

"I don't... But I also didn't want you to look at me with hate in your eyes." I explained making his head fall into his hands.

"How are you not angry?" He asked shaking his head.

"Because I guess I understand her?" I shrugged moving to sit beside him.

"Ghost whisperer now?"

"No. Just someone who knows how precious you are... Zak this is personal to you, so who is she?" I asked.

"I think... I think her name is Rosie. From the Silver Queen." He answered looking at the equipment.

"Okay I-"

"I think she caused the burn on your hand." He added making me frowned.

"H-how?" I asked remembering the incident very well. I was angry and grabbed a pan.

"It only hit me earlier, you know. When you thought y-

"When you left me feeling used?" I asked making him look at me.

"I never meant to make you feel like that, but it just... I was looking at your hand in the morning when I dressed it. Sweetie... You are over cautious with
hot things. You always have been, a little too over cautious."