Impulse

Come on, come on, come on, come on!

"Someone looks impatient." Zak chuckled as I stood by the SUV ready to leave.

"Yeah, come on, lets go. The sooner we are there-"

"The sooner we can get back to bed." He whispered into my ear.

"The sooner I can find out information hunny. Besides, you haven't got the stamina." I retorted knowing that it would get under his skin.

"I've been in the rodeo a long time." He hushed pulling me into his side and nuzzling into my neck making me smile.

"And you're still riding a pony." I teased.

A yelp left my lips as he bit my neck, I slapped his arm and pulled away with a sad face "That one hurt."

"I'm sorry baby." He apologised, but the twinkle in his eye said different.

"Lucky I love you."

He sighed resting his forehead against mine "Love you also. You gonna follow my orders when we get there?"

"Don't I always?" I countered.

"Not all the time... You need help, ask. Billy and Jay are there already. They flew in and headed straight over there. Bacon is coming with us, to help you. Okay?"

"Put each other down!" Bacon hooted making me grin and step out of Zak's arms.

But his large hand grabbed the scruff of my jacket and pulled me into him giving me a hard kiss he let go, leaving me a little breathless.

"Get in." Zak whispered, as he got in I slapped his butt and shot into the car so he couldn't return the favour.

The drive to the mansion was an update time, Zak went over bits of information as well as inform us we had a few extra people helping us out. But he wouldn't say who.

The suspense!

Pulling up outside, I pasted myself to the window looking at it.

"How can this place be so... So beautiful and be so dark?" I asked.

"Sometimes, the beauty is to hide the horror." Aaron replied. That thought settled into my mind as we got out.

The Hodel Mansion is where Dr George Hodel tortured and killed Elizabeth Short, according to his son. Aaron's comment played over in my mind, closing my eyes I tried to imagine what it would have been like back at that time.

A house like this, a name such as a Doctor was highly respected, if single women would have tried to land him as a husband. However they got a monster instead..

I'd read information that she was here or reportedly missing for 6 days before her body was found. Was she here for those 6 days being tortured?

My mind plucked the image of the ligature marks on her ankles and wrists. The once black bouncy curls were matts, her flawless facial skin hacked at cruelly to disfigure her.

I gasped and shot away from fingers that went around my neck, spinning I found Zak looking at me alarmed.

"Jesus.." I breathed holding my chest to make sure my heart didn't escape my rib cage.

"Are you okay? I was just checking you're wearing a rosary?" He asked looking concerned. I nodded pulling it out with the talisman Aaron gave me earlier.

"Good... You keep it on and if you can help it. Don't touch anything, this is unfamiliar ground."

"Zak it's impossible for me to do my job if I can't touch things." I explained.