It starts somewhere

I woke with a warm body against my back, a long thick muscular arm over my body and a soft breath across the back of my neck.

Smiling, I rolled back to see Zak fast asleep, catching flies as usual. I carefully rolled over and faced him when I decided closing his mouth and watching it fall open slightly fun.

"How many times do I have to tell you? Wear a rosary." I mumbled wobbling his chin to make it look as if he was speaking.

He didn't move a muscle, so I continued my ventriloquist act.

"My names Zak Bagans and I never believed in ghosts until I came face to face with one."

"Aaron you can go to the basement."

"Sausages."

"Daddy would you like a sausage. Daddy would you like some sausages."

His hand came up to brush his face before it dropped back down on my hip.

Grinning I had to do a few more "Life is like a box of chocolates!"

"Bitch where's my money?"

"Does he look like a bitch?!"

"There are things in this world that we may never full understand.... We want answers."

"AHHH!" Zak yelled causing me to scream and push off him sending me crashing to the floor.

"Zak!" I shouted hearing his laughter.

"Oh come on.. That was funny." He chuckled looking over the edge of the bed.

"You were awake?!"

"Well someone began singing about sausages."

I got up and knelt on the bed "Who would do that? Maybe it's a spirit?"

A pillow hit me in the side of the body as he chuckled "Spirit my ass."

"You have a lovely bum." I grinned crawling up and into him.

"Roo?"

"Hmm?" I asked lifting my face out of his neck.

"Why did I have to wake you up just to get through the door this morning? There was a chair underneath the handle.."

I looked across at the chair sat beside the door before looking at Zak feeling stupid. "I creeped myself out. Got panicky and... Well that's what I used to do."

His hand came up to move my hair out the way before it curved around my face and held my him gently "You ever need me.. You ring me. Okay?"

"But it was not-"

"Ah. You were afraid, you should have rang me. No matter what, one of us will always get the call. You hear?"

I nodded causing him to smile slightly and move back, getting the hint from his eyes I cuddled in close putting myself in a safety nook of the bed and his arms.

A small chuckle sounded making me smile "What?"

"You, wiggling your feet."

I giggled and tried to lay still but the need came back and I was eventually wiggling them together again.

"You're like a little penguin." He commented and I pushed my head further into the nook.

"You gonna be my king penguin?" I asked.

"Damn right, I better be your only penguin."

"Penguins are cute, did you know they search a whole beach to find the perfect pebble to propose to their other penguin, so that they can mate for life?" I asked.

"Hmm.. Interesting." Zak muttered going back to sleep.

"You don't really care do you?" I asked placing my hands on his chest to regulate my body temperature to his.

"King Penguin is tired." He mumbled and eventually he dropped off back to sleep.

----------

{Zak}

My eyes cracked open to find one side of the bed empty, pushing my hand across, I found the bed cold which mean Robyn had been up a while.

"No I need to know.." She whispered.

I frowned and looked over my shoulder to find her stood in my top with her back to me. The sight alone is one I enjoyed but she was acting strange...

I watched as she checked the Windows before speaking again.

"I- I don't think so. I need everything, bank details, social security, I-.... No I know that but I need to have something to use? Can you help me?"

When did I start dating a crook?

"He can't find out. No, no I don't want him to know. It's better Zak doesn't know, at least not yet. Okay. Thanks Jim I owe you one."

I looked back the other way and faked a stir causing Robyn to wrap up the call and come around the bed.

"Hey sleepy head." She smiled rubbing my back.

"Who's that?" I mumbled nodding to her phone in her hand.

"Oh, wrong number." She smiled putting it down behind us.

The results show, that was a lie.

I rubbed my eyes free of sleep and looked at her carefully.

"I never asked you about the chair."

"What about it?"

"What scared you enough to wedge a chair under the handle?" I asked.

"Oh just.. It was just a stupid film.. Can't remember the name of it now. It was on the TV." She replied.

"Hmm... What was it about?"

"Aliens." She laughed but it wasn't a convincing one for me as she stood up.

"We better start making a move, showers, pack and home to see Gracie." She smiled.

"Yeah.."

As Robyn went around the room finding her wash stuff and clothes, I sat up casting my eyes over to her phone.

I didn't want to do it, but I hated the idea she wasn't coming to me especially if she was in trouble.

"Hey Zak?" She paused by the bathroom door.

"Yes?"

"Did the lockdown go okay? I never asked."

"Yeah it went okay." I replied as she nodded. "Ro-"

"You love me right?" She asked looking nervous.

"Of course. What's happened?" I asked looking at her.

This is it, she'd tell me and I'd sort it.

"N-nothing. Just..." She came over and kissed my cheek gently "I don't know what I'd do without you."

"Well hopefully you'll never have to find out." I replied watching her reaction.

Robyn smiled slightly and straightened up "Imma take that shower then it's all yours."

"Okay." I smiled back and watched as she picked up her phone and took it with her.

I sat in silence for a few minutes and even heard the bathroom door lock.

She's hiding something.... From me.