Luster and love

The coldness of the room woke me as the wind blew in the voile, Zak used for privacy. Looking over at him, I found him on his back, spread eagle with his hand almost reaching for me, to make sure I was still by his side. Placing my hand on his arm, I felt the coldness of his skin, not liking the idea of him being cold I slipped out of bed to close the glass door.

As I pushed the door along I gasped and paused seeing something. Pulling back the curtain I thought there was a woman in the garden, but further inspection proved me wrong as a plastic bag was being tousled up in the wind. I stared at it for a few more seconds before looking around the garden again, just in case.

Shaking myself I closed the door and locked it before turning back to see Zak's back as he rolled onto his front moving more onto my side of the bed. Deep red marks were down his back causing me to look at my own hands. Had I done that?

Looking at my body I twisted to see bruising on my hips from where his fingertips had dug in harshly. I frowned and moved to the mirror to find a large red mark on my neck from his bite. He reminded me of a vampire, only Zak never drew blood. At least not yet, this bite was not far from it however...

I heard him grumble from my absence, watching him carefully he shifted over on the bed. I wondered what the hell happened earlier. I've heard of mind blowing sex but that... That was something else entirely.

Was it something to do with this sensitive issue? It's never been like it before.. So why is now so different?

The thought made me shiver and return to the bed, crawling in beside him, I shunted across until I was under his arm. Zak threw his leg over mine as his arm tightened around me before he sighed back into a deeper sleep whilst he shared his body heat a little more.

Flicking out the lamp beside us, I looked back at the glass door, still expecting to see a woman....

*********

Energy transfer?

The first thought I had was that Zak had exhausted himself as I woke before him the next morning. In fact I actually checked he was breathing as well from how quiet he was.

Maybe what he took, I took back?

Slipping out of bed, I slipped into the bathroom and stood at the sink looking at my reflection. Maybe I was different, felt different but did I look it?

I chided myself for being ridiculous, as if I would have a sign on my head saying 'Sensitive'

Maybe I was just over emotional and had a little OCD. Things I did were perfectly explainable...

Shaking my head I opened the cabinet and pulled out the pharmacy bag before pulling out the box...

A feeling of sadness, guilt and pain filled my body as I twisted the box over looking at the contraceptive. I could remember tossing them in the paper bag after I found out I was expecting. Now they were back, to simply mock me...

"What's that?" Zak spoke startling me. I shot my eyes up to the mirror to see him leant against the door frame half asleep.

"I-- it's nothing." I shook my head looking at them.

"Nothing, you don't take tablets for nothing." He replied.

I looked back up to him, wondering where I found him from, Zak was still half asleep, body still had marks on them from the creases of the sheets, bed head, a gruffly voice and stark naked. Yet he looked like Adonis had carved him. He stood with such confidence, which has transferred to me over time as I stood at the sink without a stitch on me.