Realization hits hard.

A few days later..

"Ugh! That was nasty!" I coughed pushing Zak's potion he called a smoothie back to him.

"No? I don't know. I thought it was pretty good." He answered grimacing at the glass.

"Oh bull crap."

I was on the mend, after a few days of solid sleeping, coughing, blowing my nose and some cold and flu tablets I was feeling better. All I had was a stuffy nose and a sore chest.

"How's your chest today?" He asked as I put the glass in the sink.

"Little sore. Not as bad as what it was, but I'm getting there. So I'm thinking..." I turned slowly.

I knew the answer to my question before I asked it, hell I could see the eyebrow slowly raise as even he knew what I was going to ask.

"Can I go to the museum?"

"No." He deadpanned making me huff over to the stool and sit down.

"I swear, this is some form of kidnap right now." I grumbled.

"Clearly.. I mean, hell I'm only looking after you all day and having to get up throughout the night as you're having a coughing fit." He bit back making me look over at him.

"I can't help being sick.." I muttered feeling guilty. Maybe I should have slept on the couch or maybe in another bedroom so he could get some sleep?

He paused holding his hands out before sighing, "I didn't mean to be abrupt..."

"It's okay.. I deserve it. I'm not ungrateful. I appreciate everything you have done. But being in here is driving me crazy."

He came over and leant on the side looking at me carefully.

"Pretty please? I can help with orders?" I suggested.

He sighed hard and yet again the eyebrow rose. "You're not gonna let this lie. Are you?"

I gave him a cheeky smile, hoping to win him around.

"Get your ass in the car then-"

"YES!" I fistpumped jumping off the stall and grabbing my bag.

"First sign of trouble with your chest and we are outta here. Got it?" He asked.

I gave him a salute and followed him out.

******

It felt like a reward, being back outside, almost as if I have been grounded these past few days like a teenager. Whilst Zak drove along, I took in Vegas all over again and bobbed my head to the music in the car.

"You're excited to be out the house.."

"I am." I replied looking over at him,

He gave me a worried look before turning back to the road, it was a look he didn't think I saw in his eyes.

"Out with it." I demanded.

His hand reached over and held mine as he drove, "I just want you safe." He admitted.

"I am.. I'm with you."

"Call that safe...." He mumbled shaking his head. I took my hand away and folded my arms.

"What are you hiding that this museum that you don't want me seeing? Be honest? Cause this all can't be me and this so called 'sensitive' thing I have going. Which I still don't believe by the way." I added.

He scoffed "Okay. First we are taking a detour."

Zak slipped off the road and down into the streets of Vegas, I sat quietly trying to work out what he was doing but the car stopped.