Holding onto hope

Morning arrived quicker than what Zak and myself were ready for, after last night I had been debating on staying out the way and editing the shots giving the crew their time. But I had nothing to be ashamed of, despite feeling it.

Knowing Zak would need more support was enough to have me up and ready before he had even woke up. Sitting on the edge of the bed, I stroked his hair back gently easing him out of sleep.

"Come on Mr Demon Hunter, you gotta get up." I whispered as his eyes opened and fell closed again.

"What time is it?" He grumbled.

"A little after 9."

He gave a hearty yawn and turned on his side wrapping his arm around my waist. "Let's just stay here." He answered tiredly.

Smiling I rubbed his arm and back trying to wake his body up a little more than his mind. It seemed to be doing the trick as an even bigger yawn escaped.

"Stop destroying my sleep." He mumbled pulling me down onto the bed beside him making me giggle.

"But you gotta get up. Early bird gets the biggest worm." I reminded him.

"Well I don't eat worms so let the birds have it."

"Zachery still tired even after almost 9 hours sleep?" I asked taking in his closed eyes as he was trying to go back.

"It was unsettling." He responded back.

"So it's not that you want to hide in here? To avoid everyone?" I asked making him open his eyes slowly. The word guilty written across his face, he pushed his mouth to the side.

"Babe we got nothing to be ashamed of. You're not a failure, at all."

"So my mother belting you across the face hasn't changed your opinion on what a loser I am?" He asked making me frown.

"How the hell are you a loser?"

"My mom coming down to protect me at 39 years of age?" He suggested.

"Lioness." I reminded him.

"Yeah well I'm a little too big to be carried around."

I laid there quietly not knowing what else to say, sure I could sit there moping, whining and bitching about his mom. Or I could pull my act together and head out my backside and get on with it.

"Right!" I flung myself up off the bed and went to the wardrobe finding out clothes for him.

"What are you up to now?" He asked behind me.

"Getting you dressed if you wanna lay here and be a little bitch about things. I guess you wanna break up now then?" I goaded.

"No!" He snapped.

"What not even when home life has interfered with work life?" I challenged.

"Well if Aaron wasn't such a dick." I grumbled.

"So.... Am I getting another room or you gonna stop being a bitch and get up?" I asked looking at him.

He didn't move an inch.

"Gonna be a bitch then, I got slapped last night and I'm still going to walk out that door with my head held high? You know why? Because I love you and I'm not letting anyone tell me different."

I shifted through a few tops before pulling down a black one when a pair of arms went around my waist lifting me off the floor.

Before I could pass another comment I was thrown down on the bed making me laugh, pulling myself on to all fours I tried to crawl away fast when I got a hard slap across my butt making me flop down howling with laughter.