Cottage attack

A day later....

Robyn...

Robyn...

ROBYN!

I gasped flinging myself up straight in bed, the dark was surrounding me and after a few attempts at hitting the air, my mind finally grasped the concept it was night.

My heart was rapping against my rib cage like a drum as I caught my breath. I touched the talisman on my neck feeling a little relieved it was still there. Rubbing sleep out of my eyes I looked beside me only to find the bed empty.

"Zak?" I called out yawning.

Getting no response I flicked on the light and pushed my legs over the side of the bed. Finding his shirt on the floor, I pulled it on and left the bedroom.

Halfway across the lounge I paused seeing a tall figure hunched over. "Zak...?"

The figure didn't move.

"Zak?" I whispered feeling fear wind up my body. I jumped a mile when the figure hit the floor, racing to the light I hit it on and found the figure to be Zak in trouble.

"Zak?!" I rushed over and pulled him up on me.

He gasped for air hitting his throat in a panic.

"Choking?"

I hit his back hard but he shook his hand at me and tried to move away.

"Asthma? ASTHMA!" I shouted making him lift his thumb up.

I was panicking, really fucking panicking as I tore through the cottage trying to find his inhalers.

"R-r-"

"I know! Hold on baby!" I cried rushing to the bathroom and emptying the contents of both of our wash bags. Not finding an inhaler I ran back to the lounge and tipped his bag up.

Blue hit the floor and bounced across the tiles. Throwing myself down, I grabbed his inhaler and got back up rushing to his side.

Fear had filled his face as he shook looking at me. His eyes were rolling back as his lips were going blue from lack of oxygen.

"Don't you fucking leave me!" I shouted pulling him against me with difficulty. Ramming the inhaler between his teeth I held his mouth closed and pinched his nose before pressing the spray down. Hearing the inhaler hiss I released his jaw to breath in the medicine before doing it again.

"Come on! Come on please!" I begged shaking his chest with my hand.

A struggled breath pulled in his lungs making me weep with relief.

"That's it baby! That's it again! For me!"

Doing the same again, I waited and sure enough Zak pulled the medicine down into his lungs.

We sat on the floor in silence as he did his inhaler over and over again until we reached 8. 10 was his maximum before we had no other option to ring for an ambulance.

"Robyn." He breathed.

"Shut up, just shut up and breathe." I answered hoping he didn't turn around.

I was a wreck, it had terrified me to see him like that and I was completely helpless until I found that stupid inhaler!  My face was wet with tears and hair was a mess but I didn't care.

I just needed to hear and feel his lungs work under my hand.

He pulled my hand up to his face and kissed my palm gently, my fingers could feel a damp line across his cheek. He had shed a tear in those moments..

I hugged him tightly, I pushed my head into his neck "Don't you ever do that to me again." I wept.

"S-sorry." He panted.

I was so mad at him for struggling like that but now was not the time to tell him off. Now was the time to get him back to normal.

"M-Marry me?" He struggled.

"You ask me that when you're not confused... Jackass."

*****

It had been over an hour since his attack and we were still sat on the cottage floor, my legs were wrapped around his waist as he leant himself back on me. My hand was brushing his hair back gently as I rocked us slowly.

"Robyn." Zak spoke with a raspy voice.

"Yes?"

"T-thank you."

"I'm so mad at you for not waking me, I'm gonna spank your ass until it's raw."

He had enough strength to laugh once before holding his chest.

"How dare you try and leave me like that? You know I'd come for you.. I love you so much you idiot."

He shifted his head up to look at me, his brows furrowed before he wiped his finger on my cheek.

"Don't cry."

"I thought I was going to lose you. How can I not?"

"I'm still here. Coffin dodging." He joked.

"You're grounded. You're so grounded." I whispered going back to rocking us gently.

"I'm tired."

I nodded "We can try for bed or you can sleep here."

"Bed."

We both got up slowly, however all consideration for me went out the window as I helped him back to bed. Once he was in I sat there watching him breathing before he waved his hand at me.

"Stop stressing, I'm okay." He breathed slowly.

"I should be putting your belt over your ass." I answered laying my head near to his chest to listen to his breathing for a few minutes.

I waited until Zak fell asleep before sitting up and watching him sleep just to be on the safe side. Picking up my phone, I text Aaron hoping he'd be awake.

Sure enough he was.

Whilst Zak slept, I organised tomorrow like a military operation, as well as send Cece an email for tomorrow morning. 

Once everything was sorted I turned my attention back to Zak and settled on watching him sleep for the rest of the night knowing I was awake and ready in case he needed me again.

Kissing his forehead, I made sure he was covered properly before sitting beside him brushing his hair back gently whilst he slept.

Tomorrow we were going back to Vegas, something I had just decided with Aaron. Tomorrow Zak would also be going to see a doctor about his attack, with help of Cece. And finally tomorrow I would have a set of inhalers as well in case he needs them again.

It may seem a little over the top, to react the way I had. But a life without Zak in it, for me was a life with no purpose.