Robyn's resistance.

Start from the beginning

"Zak stop." Billy demanded as I swayed on the bed. "Robyn.. Who's the president?"

"An asshole." I replied causing Billy to laugh. "Donald Trump." I muttered.

"What you had for breakfast and can you tell me how you got here today?"

"No food. Billy. Billy's car."

"Okay, look at this light for me." The Doctor moved it side to side making me follow it.

"Right... Robyn I'm going to get you in for a CT & MRI scan. Because you lost consciousness and you have vomited. I'd like a clear idea of your head right now." He spoke before looking towards Zak as if he was asking his permission and seeking his approval. What has he done now?

"I'm also going to glue your head. The cut isn't deep but because of the size and the blood it will be more effective as well as hygienic." The Doctor added with a small smile.

"Can I sleep?"

"Not yet sweetheart, I'm going to need you to stay awake. Just until we know for sure there's nothing else going on."

I nodded slowly looking down at the bed.

"Can she lay down?" Billy asked sensing my longing.

"Absolutely but I must stress the importance of keeping awake."

"We can do that." Zak answered coming to my side and guiding me back gently.  Laying on my side I blinked slowly looking around before sighing.

"Unnecessary." I whispered looking at Zak. His jaw clenched and he sat forward.

"You weren't the one who heard the impact of your head on that floor. We are here because it's necessary. Don't try and brush something like this off. You're not looking at the person you love looking pale and sick."

I tugged at the hospital gown in distaste.

"You had sick on your clothes."

"I can go get you some more..." Billy suggested.

"Please.."

"No problem, I'll clean up as well." He answered looking to Zak who nodded.

"Don't touch the box or anything else.. The police will need it." Zak said making him nod.

"Take care bean, I'll be back soon."

I gave him half smile before he left, leaving myself and Zak alone.

"N-no police." I spoke swallowing down the dryness in my throat.

"Wha- why? Someone has indecent photos of you, doing god only knows what and you don't want the sick fuck locked up?!"

"B-burn them."

"We can't. The ones completely exposing we can. But the rest? I need to hand them over. If only to Jim." Zak answered making me close my eyes.
"Robyn wake up."

"I'm awake.."

"I'm gonna ring Jim and management now, it's busy outside so I think we might be a while yet."

"Okay."

"Are you going to be okay?" He asked making me roll my eyes.

"Go." He pressed a kiss on my forehead before leaving to make the calls.

I sat up slowly pushing myself back bed, the woozy feeling came over me again and the thumping inside my head didn't feel like it was going to stop anytime soon.

The door opened to the private room I was holed up in revealing the doctor and a wheelchair. He had a clipboard with my notes stuffed under his arm and a cocked smile.

"Miss Yates. We've had to cancel your date with the MRI machine."

"It's fine. Zak said you're busy. Do I really need a CT?" I asked shifting my legs over the side of the bed.

"Yes you do and yes we are busy, traffic accident." He answered making me nod.

----------------

{Zak POV}

The management team were the first people I rang, simply because I knew the phone call to them was going to be a lot shorter than my phone call with Jim. And I was right.

After the initial panic and asking if Robyn was okay, he settled that I had brought her to a hospital. Even if Robyn herself was not happy.

Throughout the entire call I was completely baffled at the lengths Robyn went to, to protect this man from knowing the god awful truth about his son. How Robyn took everything from the twisted sick fuck and probably sat in a room with Jim the very next day with a smile plastered on her face because she didn't want to upset him, the idea didn't sit well with me either way.

His second reaction was telling me Robyn was to come and stay with him until this business was cleared up, but I declined that invitation for her, knowing full well Justin was too close.

My stomach churned at the marks on her forearms from his grasp earlier. It brought it all back for me, when I struck her.

I closed my eyes rubbing my temples before looking around at my surrounds. Robyn said she would have noticed if she was being followed. But that theory failed when those photos arrived.

The sickening sound of her head connecting with the step in the kitchen made me shudder.

Shifting my body, I headed back inside needing to be with her. To hold her hand and tell her everything was going to be okay when deep down? I had no fucking clue what was in store for us.

Maybe turn into recluses? Hide in the shadows? Or wait for something else to fall on the door step?

Taking my route back to her room, I opened the door to see her sat on the bed looked terrified.

My eyes went to the doctor who had the clipboard in his hand.

My heart began to pick up speed. Was she seriously ill? Was there a swelling or bleed on her brain? A brain tumour? She has nothing but headaches the last few days. Weeks even!  Was this the reason she looked two strokes from death.

"What's happened? What have I missed?"