Standing in the kitchen I wondered what else they would have said, what lies they would have fed me.. Was this grandmother of mine really sick? Or was that another bogus claim to pull at my heart strings.

What if they weren't even my family?

That thought chilled me to the bone. You hear about it all the time, people living lies to extort money from others. I hoped I was wrong...

He seemed so genuine though..

Before or after you sussed him out?

But I wanted to believe that I wasn't completely alone in the world, that I did have some family, even if they didn't want to know me..

Hands grasped my shoulders causing me to let out a blood curling scream in the kitchen, I spun violently with the wooden spoon raised high ready to attack.

"WOAH WOAH WOAH!" Billy yelled.

"BILLY!" I shouted thumping him in the arm.

"Hey owh." He pouted.

"I nearly peed myself! Jesus!"

"You didn't hear me?" He asked as I clutched a hand over my heart.

"No man! Come on!" I huffed.

"Sorry Robyn, Jeeze I feel awful now. Why are you so jumpy?"

I shook my head and pinched the bridge of my nose. I needed to talk to someone and Billy was... Billy was the first person I met when starting GA. If I could turn to anyone it would be him.

"How did you get in?" I asked remembering I heard the latch click when Zak left this morning.

"I have a key, you know that."

I nodded before putting on the coffee machine "Sit down man, don't do that again though,"

"I'm sorry, hell childhood memories came back with the wooden spoon raised." He laughed sitting down and popping the laptop on the side.

"What's up anyway?" I asked.

"Just finished reviewing some evidence, I thought Zak would be here. He's out?"

"Museum."

He nodded "Now what has you turning into a ninja with a wooden spoon?"

I sighing, I split it all out...

****

"Dang, you serious?"

I nodded to answer Billy's question as he sipped his coffee.

"Listen, I know it doesn't amount to much, but you are family, GA family. You know that right?"

"Yeah. Only I almost screwed that up too.."

"How?"

I bit my lip and looked at him "I kissed Aaron."