Chapter 43: bridges :(

I was sitting in the back of the ambulance waiting for the divers to come give an update on what was going on. A diver as tall as Raegan went up to the police officer. The officer looked back at me and it didn't look like good news was about to be said to me. The diver and police officer start walking towards me, I take a deep breath in and close my eyes.

Diver: "hi Justin, I'm Robert"
Justin: "hi, what's going on?"
Diver: "I'm very sorry to tell you but we could not find your boyfriend"

My lungs felt like they were closing up, my heart was racing, my palms were sweating, I started shaking. Everything was going blurry because of the tears that were about to spiral out of my eyes. I ran out of the ambulance and went over to the bridge.

Damon: "Justin what's going on?"
Justin: "Damon I can't talk to you right now"
Damon: "you can talk to me"
Justin: "DAMON DONT YOU GET IT! I DO NOT WANT TO TALK RIGHT NOW, I-I-I NEED RAEGAN!"

Damon looked down at the ground and started to walk away.

Justin: "Damon.... I'm sorry"

I say as I jump off the bridge, I needed to find Raegan I was nothing without him. (Oml that's a really dramatic sentence)

The water was so cold it was harder to swim and I wasn't that great of a swimmer. I looked around but I had to go back up for air. I looked down into the water and thought I saw something.

Damon's pov:

Justin started yelling at me but I knew it was only because he was worried. I start to walk away as I hear "Damon... I'm sorry" and then a splash. I looked behind me and saw that Justin had jumped into the water. I run over to the paramedics and told them what happened.

Damon: "hey excuse miss?"
Paramedic: "yes sir"
Damon: "my friend Justin, jumped into the water"
Paramedic: "diver I need you to go back into the water and find the other young boy who just jumped in"

The divers all ran down by the riverbank and jumped in.

Justin's pov:

I swam closer to the object that I saw and it was a body. I swam even closer to see if it was Raegan and it was. He was pale and still. Just as I went to go grab his arm I got pulled away. I tried fighting who ever was pulling me but I couldn't. We got to the top of the surface. I turn around and see that it was a diver.

Justin: "WHY'D YOU DO THAT I ALMOST HAD HIM!"
Diver: "Justin relax, we have this under control"
Justin: "CLEARLY YOU GUYS DONT, BECAUSE MY BOYFRIEND IS LAYING IN THE MIDDLE OF THE RIVER NOT BREATHING!"

Justin realized what he just said and he broke down. The diver told the other 3 to grab Raegan as he pulled Justin to the side of the riverbank.

Diver: "Justin can you tell me exactly what happened?"
Justin: "h-h-he.... w-w-e" he started to cry harder.
Diver: "actually it's fine you don't have to tell me, were gonna get your boyfriend to the hospital and try our best to get him back. Now go home and get some dry clothes on and meet us at the hospital."

Justin stood up and walked up on to the bridge. He looked around for Damon but couldn't see him. Justin felt a tap on his shoulder and looked behind him... it was Damon.

Justin's pov:

I feel a tap on my shoulder and I turn around... it's Damon. I instantly go in for a hug. He rubs my back and tells me that it's gonna be okay.....

Authors note- you guys my book sucks honestly :( I wanna keep writing it though. Sorry for the bad chapter I just felt bad for not updating. I love you guys :) stay strong ❤️ - M 🌹