Chapter 18: It all gets better eventually

Morning...

I wake up to see the Justin isn't beside me, like the usual. I hear my dad screaming downstairs.. so I get up and quietly walk down the stairs. I see that my Auntie Bryanna and him arguing.

"Raegan" I hear a whisper. I look back and see Justin at the top of the stairs. I look back down at my dad and auntie. Justin comes to sit beside me as we listen to see if they know where my mom is yet.

Dad: "all I care about it Raegan's safety, and with her going around doing all this stuff isn't gonna help him through life"
Auntie: "I get that! But you can just take him away from this place"

I look at Justin and my eyes start tearing up. I run back up the stairs and I guess I was loud because my dad started calling my name. Justin runs upstairs behind me and tries to calm me down. But I go to my closet and grab my back pack. I go to my dresser and grab all my clothes.

Justin: "babe what are you doing"
Raegan: I'm not moving! I finally found my happiness. I'm not leaving you!"
Justin: "hey they didn't exactly say that your moving"
Raegan: "j-justin I can't leave you"

Justin gives me a hug and starts playing with my hair. I calm down as my dad walks in. I look away to hide the fact that I've been crying. My dad walks straight towards me and gives me a hug. He starts crying in my arms as I hug him back.

Raegan: "what's wrong dad"
Dad: "um they found your mom selling drugs"

I look down at the ground as I breathe in and out so I try not to cry. Justin taught me to do that every time I felt like crying.

Raegan: "dad I don't wanna move"
Dad: "no no bud we're not moving"
Raegan: "is mom going to jail?"
Dad: "yea she is, she is never gonna come back into our lives"

The sound of my dad saying that didn't make me sad for some reason. I felt all of the stress come off of my shoulders.

Dad: "we are gonna make a few adjustments to the house though, I'm gonna fix all the holes in the walls and make this house look brand new"
Raegan: "like a fresh start?"
Dad: " yes a fresh start, Justin if you like you could spend the night again. We could all go out for dinner"

Justin gives my dad the biggest smile ever. One that he never really gave my mom because she was always drunk. I gave my dad one last hug before he went back downstairs. Justin looks at me and smiles. "You feeling at least a little bit better?" He says. I nod as I walk to him and kiss him with all the energy in my body......

3 months later

I was sitting in my room finishing my science project that was due next Monday. I liked to do my assignments and projects early so I have more spare time. Justin was coming over in a little to do some history homework with me. Tomorrow Justin and I are going to sky zone. He asked me last week at school while we were eating lunch to go on a date with him. My dad and I got finished with the house. It looks just the way it did when we first moved in. We're also adopting a baby girl next Friday. My dad and I have just felt a little lonely and Justin isn't able to come over everyday, which I get. He has his own family he needs to spend time with too. I hear the doorbell so I run downstairs and open it. It was Justin's brother Danny.

Danny: "hey have you seen Justin?"
Raegan:" no I thought he was at home, he was suppose to be coming over later"
Danny: "oh none of us have seen him all day"
Raegan: "okay well if I hear from him I'll call you or I'll send him home to check in"
Danny: "okay thank you Justin"

I close the door as Danny walks back into his house. I get a bad feeling about no one seeing Justin all day.

I run up the stairs to my room and as I walk in I see...

Authors note- hey guys :) i feeling a bit better about myself today. So I've been active quite a bit on my social media.  Do you guys think if I were to put my social media down below you guys would add me?