Chapter 12: Dad?

I wake up in a white room with beeping. I ask myself where I am and why it hurts so much to move. I then hear Justin and my moms voice. I open my eyes again and see that I'm in a hospital hooked up to a bunch of machines. When Justin sees that I'm awake he drops everything and runs to the edge of my bed.
Justin: "omg never do that again babe"
Raegan: "I'm sorry"
Justin: "no no I didn't mean to make you think I was mad, I just get really worried about you."
I smile at him and try and open my arms for a hug but the IV in my arm stops me.
Justin: "hey no moving, your not suppose to do much moving till you recover."
I was really confused on why he just said recover. I seemed perfectly fine until he told me that I had a broken arm from when I fell to the ground. I look at my mom and see that she clearly feels guilty about everything.
Justin: " I'll give you guys some time to talk"
Raegan: "thanks babe"
When Justin walks out of the room my mom comes to the end of my bed looking at the heart monitor.
Mom: "Rae I'm really sorry" she says as she bursts out in tears.
Raegan: "no mom it's fine I shouldn't have ran"
Mom: "I promise I'm gonna straighten my life up, I actually applied for a job today"
Raegan: "really!?"as I smile
Mom: "yea, at the grocery store down the street, it's not a huge payment but it'll help us until I find something else"
I smiled and asked her to give me a hug since I couldn't lift my arms.
Raegan: "hey mom"
Mom: "yes rae"
Raegan: "could I start testosterone next year in February?"
Mom: " yes of course!"
Raegan: " I love you so much! "
Mom: " I love you too my boy"

The door opens and I see someone I never thought I would ever see again. My dad....

10 mins later

Dad: " hey Rae"
I look at the blanket that Justin brought for me.
Dad: "I know your mad but I just wanted to let you know that me and your mom are getting back together.."
Raegan: "really?"
Dad: "yea"
I don't know if I should feel happy or sad about my dad coming back. When I was 13 my mom and dad got into some really bad verbal fights. Then this one time my mom randomly told him to get out and never come back (when she was drunk)
*justin walks in*

Raegan: "hey dad I want you to meet my boyfriend Justin"
Dad: "boyfriend?"
Raegan: " yea, I'm gay"
My dad smiles and I see a tear fall out from his eye. I don't know if he's sad or happy about it. But then he gives me a hug and a kiss on the cheek. He holds out his hand and shakes Justin's hand.

My dad walks out of the room with my mom to go get something to eat.

Raegan: "so my mom and dad are getting back together"
Justin: "that's amazing!"
Raegan: "yea I know"
Justin: " the doctor said you can come home either tmr or Monday"
Raegan: " okay"
Justin: "I already let my dad know I'm staying at the hospital with you for the night or 2"
Raegan: "your gonna stay with me?"
Justin: " of course!"
Raegan: " aw, I love you"

Justin leans in and starts kissing me but pulls away sooner than I wanted him too. I start getting sleepy again because of the pain meds they give me. I suddenly feel a kiss on my cheek and a body lay beside me on the bed. As I'm about to fall completely asleep Justin says "you are the only person who could ever make me as happy as I am now"

Authors note
- hey guys sorry about the short chapter. It's been a long day. Should I keep going with the book tho?