Chapter 13: 3 years old...

I wake up and see my dad, mom, Justin and his dad all standing around my bed.
Raegan: "what's going on?"
My mom starts crying as my dad asks Justin to talk to me about whatever they were all upset about. My mom, dad and Justin's dad all walk out of the hospital room together.
Justin: "Babe.."
Raegan: "what's wrong on?"
Justin: "so you know when you fell.."
Raegan: "yea..?"
Justin: "well the doctors found out that there's a problem with your heart"
Raegan: "what do you mean Justin"
Justin looked down at the ground to hide the tears that were falling from his eyes.
Raegan: "baby it's okay"
Justin: "well their gonna try and figure it out, but their not sure what it is just yet... but it seems to be bad"
I look down at my arms to stop the tears from almost coming out of my eyes. I look up at Justin and open my arms for a hug. He lays beside me and hugs me as he slowly continues to cry. I tell him to sit up and look at me. But he looks down at his hands. I sit up, lift his chin and kiss him. "Everything's gonna be fine baby, I promise" I say. I wipe his tears and he gives me a tiny smile.
*30 mins later*
The doctor walks in:

Doctor: "hey Raegan, nice to see that your awake"
Raegan: "nice to see you too"
Doctor: "okay so it seems to us that you have had a heart condition since you were about 3"
Raegan: "really!?!"
Doctor: "yea, have you noticed when your ever running shortness of breath?"
Raegan: "not until yesterday before I fell"
Doctor: "well it could just be starting to affect you"
Raegan: "how can we fix this"
Doctor: "well to help the shortness of breath, we could give you an inhaler"
Raegan: "okay, so I'm gonna be okay"
Doctor: "yea we're gonna run a few more tests, and if we don't find anything majorly serious and you feel comfortable with going home you can"
Raegan: "okay thanks"
As the doctor walks out Justin walks in.

Justin: "so what did he say?"
Raegan: "I've had a heart condition since I was 3"
Justin: "really!!"
Raegan: "hey babe, relax I'm gonna be okay, their gonna give me a inhaler to help with the shortness of breath that I might start getting"

Justin's calms down and hugs me. I smile and hug him back. "I'm so happy that your okay!" He says.

*2 hours later*

Doctor: "here's your inhaler, you're already to go home now"
Raegan: "thank you so much doc"
Doctor: "anytime"

I walk out with my parents, Justin and his dad. My parents get into the car and Justin's dad gets into his car. Justin grabs my waist before I would reach for the door handle. He gives me a long kiss goodbye and tells me to text him when he gets home. We both get into our separate cars and drive home....

When my parents and I get home my dad opens the door for me as my mom grabs the pillows from the couch and brings them upstairs to my room. She makes my bed with a bunch of pillows and blankets so I'm comfy. Seeing my mom and dad actually being able to be in the same room for more the 30 seconds with them not yelling at each other made me so happy. It was 8:00 pm and I was really hungry. I grabbed my phone and asked my parents if they could get me some Taco Bell on there way home from the grocery store.

*ding*

Justin: "hey babe, you forgot to text me.. everything okay?"

I slap myself on the forehead reminding myself that I was suppose to text Justin when I got home.

Raegan: "no everything's fine baby, I just forgot"
Justin: "okay just got worried"

Seeing those words "I just got worried" from someone other than my parents made me smile so much. I had the perfect boyfriend ever. He was so sweet and so caring. He loved me for me...

Justin: "babee.."
Raegan: "yes?"
Justin: "when you were sleeping, I saw the scars on your wrist"
Raegan: "hey baby, don't worry about those. Those are from grade 5. I didn't feel like myself so I thought that was the only escape, but it wasn't. I know better now I promise"
Justin: "okay, thanks for letting me know. But if you ever feel like that again, I want you to come talk to me... okay??"
Raegan: "okay"
Justin: "okay well imma go get some sleep, it's been a long 48 hours"
Raegan: "okay sleep dreams baby"

After I put my phone down I heard the door open. My parents were home with my Taco Bell!!! I slowly got up from my bed and went downstairs. I walk to the kitchen where I see my parents making out.

Raegan: "Mom! Dad! GROSS!!!"
Mom: "Raegan, oh shut it don't think that I don't hear you and Justin kissing and laughing all night"

I turn red as I grab my Taco Bell and run back upstairs. I put on Netflix and start to eat. After I was done I got out of bed and put some pyjamas on. I went to the bathroom and brushed my teeth.

I crawled back into bed and slowly started falling asleep....