"Actually Mom, do you mind if I talk to Dre for a second?" I asked.

"Well, I guess you can talk to him while I make his plate" she smiled.

     I began to walk into the hallway as Dre followed. I exhaled and pushed my back up against the wall. He just looked at me waiting for me to speak.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"Well, a free flight to L.A. sounded like a good deal!" he answered.

"No, I'm serious. Why?"

"You needed to see me in person to realize what you were letting go of" he said.

"I knew fully well what I was letting go of"

"Yeah, I guess you did"

"What the hell is that supposed to mean?"

"It means that our relationship must not have meant shit to you if you're just gonna hop right into a new one"

"It's called moving on, Dre. Try it sometime"

"No because unlike you, I know when I have a good thing"

"Why are you doing this now? We discussed this! We agreed to be friends"

"And then I realized that I couldn't just be friends with you, Nic"

"Okay well I don't kow what you want me to say or do. My boyfriend is in there and I really like this guy. All I ask is that you try to be civil"

"Whatever" he scoffed.

     As we both left the hallway, I couldn't help but to think about what he said. A free flight to L.A.? Who would be willing to fly him to L.A.? Not my mom. Surely it couldn't be my mom. She knew how much I liked Jacquees and she knew about my problems with Dre. We both sat down at the table and Jacquees looked at me in a worried way.

"Are you okay?" he whispered.

     I shook my head slightly.

"I'll talk to you about it later though" I whispered back.

"So Dre, how's life back in Georgia?" my mother asked.

"It's okay" he said eating his roast beef. "Everybody misses Nicole" he said looking at me with a smile.

"Oh, I'll bet they do" my mother chuckled. "But you two were something else back in Georgia. I remember when I would come down there to get Nicole and every single time I did, she was messing with you. Playing with you, texting you, talking to you-"

"But then here came L.A." he said sarcastically.

     I glared at them both and Jacquees looked so confused. I could tell that he really wanted to tallk to me about whatever was going on. The rest of the dinner was painfully uncomfortable and way more awkward than when Dre first arrived. But it was finally over after a few more minutes and I couldn't have been more happier. Dre and my mom went into the kitchen to talk and I thought this might be a good moment for Jacquees and I to do the same. I gestured for him to come to my room as we both got up. We entered, I locked the door and we both sat on the bed.

"Okay so what the hell was that?" he finally said.

"Dre is my ex that I've been telling you about" I answered.

"So what's he doing here?"

"That's what I'm trying to figure out. When I talked to him earlier, it just sounded like he was trying to get back together with me. Like he was trying to sabotage us and what we have. I told him I really like you but he is so stubborn! Then he told me that 'a free flight to L.A. sounded like a good deal'. Now what does that mean to you?"