Chapter 30 Part 3

Jayce POV

"It's just you and me now Vince" I wiped the blood from my mouth. I'm so tired, what the hell did I do to him? We stood at opposite sides of the room while I pointed my gun at him. His hands rested at his sides unarmed.

"So it seems."

"Why Vince, why did you do all this?"

"Are you kidding?! Your ruined my life!" He hissed clenching his fists.

"How?!"

"You killed my parents! John and Sarah the bosses of the Hustlers !" He screams.

"They deserve it they killed my father!" I yelled back.

"I lost everything because of you! So I thought what did you care most about... oh what was her name... Gabi?" He trails off with a smirk.

"You killed her? You knew that she would be there?!?"

"Worked out perfectly, shooting her yourself was icing on the cake. Not my fault you were bad with a gun."

"You killed her!" I repeated through my gritted teeth.

"Technically you did but after all you did kill my mom. But that wasn't good enough you had to get even and kill my dad too. The one family I had left, GONE!"

"Okay so now we're even, you killed my dad, I killed your mom, you killed Gabi and I killed your dad. Then you took my sister and gang member we're even!"

"Don't forget Zoe" he said nonchalantly.

"What did you-"

"Ooh struck a nerve did I? Yeah one of my guys has her at gun point. So I can just say the word and she's done for." He smirks holding up his phone.

"Fuck you!"

"But I'm willing to make a deal with you. I'll let her go...if you give me your men. All of them joins the Hustlers." He crosses his arms, pleased of what he came up with.

Sometimes we ease the pain by making the best of what we have, sometimes it's by loosing ourselves in a moment. And sometimes all we need to do to ease the pain is call a simple truce.

"Deal" I lower my gun and walk over to him to shake his hand.

Next thing I knew he took out a Stealth pocket knife. He lunged his hand forward into lower abdomen. I quickly pulled the trigger making him fall instantly.

I pulled out his knife and tossed it on the side. The sound of the metal clashing the wood floor, echoes throughout the silent hotel room.

Or we could just get rid of the person who caused the pain.

"This ends now" I hover over his body, bleeding out on the floor. Suddenly there was a faint vibration sound. I looked at my surroundings to see his phone ringing.

"Boss I have Zoe what do you want me to do with her?" The guy asked once he knew the phone was answered.

"Where you at?" I asked mimicking Vince voice.