Chapter 24 Part 2

Zoe POV

Zoe POV

~ H O U R 1 ~

Waiting...Is the worst part of all, when all you can do is wait. Feeling completely useless because you can't do anything. Families waiting to hear from their doctors, hoping their loved ones would make it. It's the worst feeling in the world.

"Zoe here some clothes for to change in. You should wash up, your scaring them." Nick pulls me out of my thoughts as holds up a set of clothes.

I looked down at my outfit that's was covered in Logans blood. My hands were covered in his blood.

"Come on Zoe" Jasmine helps me out of the chair that I sat in for hours now. She held me by my hand taking me to the bathroom.

I went in the stall and changed out of the clothes that was covered in blood. I threw on a black hoodie and jean shorts. I stepped out of the small stall staring at my reflection in the mirror.

"Wash your hands" she guides my hands to the automatic sink. I watch the blood wash off my hands, disappearing down the drain.

"What if he doesn't make it... it'll be my fault." I finally manage to put to words. I dry my hands off on my shorts as we walk out of the bathroom.

"He's gonna be fine... he'll make it" she assures with reassuring eyes. Usually I would take her word for it but at times like this I won't believe it till I see it.
___________________
~ H O U R 2 ~

"No worries he'll make it!" Nick assured.

"Do you want some?" Alex mumbles as he stuffs his mouth with Lays potato chips.

"Relax Zoe its gonna be fine." Jasmine assures. They keep speaking, one thing after the other. One thing after the other, everything is fine! No it's not!

I need air, I can't breath! I ran out of the hospital gasping for air. I started to hyperventilate, I slam my hand against the wall, trying to control my breathing.

"You okay?" I heard Jayce's voice from behind. I turn to face him as I continue to control my breathing.

"I. Can't. Handle. It." I say in between breaths."The crying families, the depressing vibes, the waiting!"

"Why do you think I'm out here? My best friend is in surgery, this time I have no idea if he'll be okay." He confesses as he looks out at the parking lot.

"If he dies..." I pause for a moment.

"...if he dies it'll be all my fault. I know how you- no I know what you mean when you blame yourself for her death. It's the worst feeling. If I just stayed in the club, we wouldn't-" tears started to form in my eyes, I stopped myself otherwise I would start to cry. And I don't wanna cry, not here, not in front of him.

"A smart ass once told me, You didn't pull the trigger he did. I think its time you should take your own advice." He says, I felt his stare on me but I didn't want to look at him, not when I'm like this. "You don't always have to be tough in front of me you know?"

I cross my arms still having my gaze on the parking lot.

"Right now Im just a guy, Im not Jayce Calaway, Im not a wanted criminal, Im just a guy in a hospital. And Your-"

"Just a girl in a hospital." I finally look at him, thats when all of my emotions I've been bottling up inside came out.

I bursted into tears crying, he pulled me into his chest. Wrapping his arms around me, one hand on my lower back and the other on the back of my head. His head rested on my head.

I've never seen this side of him before. It's like he's entirely different person. Was this how he use to be before everything went wrong in his life?
___________________
~ H O U R 3 ~

"We did everything we could, but there was too much damage." Is the last the thing you want to hear from a doctor.

"No! No please!" The women cried, who is now a widow.

"I'm so sorry Mrs." The Doctor apologizes for the twelfth time.

"Logan Mitchell" the tall brunette with a white lab coat and navy blue scrubs. Her eyes looking over her glasses that rested at the bridge of her nose.

Everyone in the group shot out of their seats. Waiting to hear good or bad news. But the question is, which is it?

"He lost a lot of blood and we did everything we could to restore that blood-"

"So he didn't..." Jasmine interrupted but couldn't finish her sentence.

"Oh no he made it, we got the bullet. But he's still weak so be mindful when you see him. He's been awake for 10 minutes now-"

"So we can see him?" Jayce finally engages into the conversation.

"Yes but he's requested to see someone first before everyone joins in." She takes a moment before continuing. She looks over to me, "Zoe He's in room 223."

How the hell did she know it was me?!
I don't wanna go in there! I can't face him, not now anyway!

"He told me you'd be hesitant, he said he really would like to speak with you. Privately." She emphasizes the Privately.  I nod and follow to the closed door.

I open the door slowly to see Logan on the hospital bed. IV connected to his arm and other red, green, black wires connected to the monitor to make sure his heart is beating.

"Hey" he smiles sending butterflies in my stomach.

"Hi."

"Your awfully quiet."

"I don't know what you want me to say" I shrug unsure of myself at this point. But he certainly is sure what he wants to say, he pats the spot next to him in his hospital bed.

I slowly walk over and cautiously sit down, I swing my legs over so that it laid next to his.

"You don't have to be afraid, I'm fine." He caresses my cheek, pushing the strands of hair behind my ear.

"It's my fault you were shot, if I had just stayed inside... we wouldn't be here. If you didn't make it I have no idea what I would do. Then Jayce would really-"

I was cut off with his lips on mine. His hand slides around the back of my neck. He bit down on my bottom, lip softly and I parted my lips. He slipped his tongue into my mouth and started to explore it.

"This L.A. P.D.!" There was pounding against the door. I quickly pulled away and slid off the bed. I looked over at Logan who was in shock and confused, just like me.

I opened the door to see two officers.

I stared at at them till one of them spoke into his walkie on his shoulder, "Chief we found her, we found Zoe Ford."