Chapter 8

Zoe POV

I'm starving af you don't even know. I haven't eaten in almost a week. It's ridiculous man! I'm desperate, id do anything for food.

I noticed Jasmine walking down the steps. She started to untie my hands, avoiding my cold stare. She moved down to my feet and untied that too. I stood up rubbing my wrists. I followed her to the bathroom in the hallway.

"Change into those clothes... then come down to the kitchen" she informed without an emotion. No smile, no frown although I don't know why she would frown. Point is that she didn't show my any emotion.

I looked at the clothes, black joggers and a army green cropped jumper. I turned the shower on and let my body soak in the hot steamy water. I let the water just roll off of my body, relaxing my muscles, washing the blood and dirt off my body.

Once I was down I dried my body off and changed into the clothes that was given. I gave myself 2 french braids, letting it drape over my shoulders.

I walked out and down a staircase that I was unfamiliar with. I heard laughter from another room. I walked into a room that looked like a living room. There was empty beer bottles and vodka bottles everywhere.

The front door is right there I literally can just run out the front door. I followed the sound of the voices and found them sitting at a did I get table in the kitchen.

The room went silent once I entered the room. All eyes were on me as I took a step forward.

"Eat" Jayce placed a plate on the table where an open seat was next to him. I'd rather sit on the ground then sit next to him. I walked over and grabbed my plate with a fork then sat on the ground, leaning against the island counter.

"Fine stay there then" he scoffs and they went about their meal. I finished my plate real fast, I was starving!

"Hey Jayce when are we gonna get a collar for you new pet?" Vince teases as he takes a sip of his orange juice. Making the others to laugh at his not so funny joke. I bit down on my tongue from saying a sarcastic comment that will earn a slap.

"What's the matter cat got your tongue. Ha stupid girl!" He teases once again.

I got up and took his orange juice from his hand. I sipped it before pouring the rest on his head. I took his bacon off his plate and took a bite. The group started laughing I even saw a small snicker from Jayce.

"Oops sorry after all I am a stupid girl" I shrugged as I continued to chew the bacon. He slammed his fists on the table and stood up from his chair.

He extended his hand back for more force but when he swung it didn't his my face. Well because Jayce caught his arm from slapping me.

Why did he protect me?!

"That's enough! Vince go clean yourself! Jasmine clean this mess up while I take care of Zoe." He told and they started moving without hesitation although Vince was still pissed. I wonder why (mental innocent smile).

"Look I'm not gonna apologize to your assface of a friend. Hit me all you want I don't really care! I'm not gonna do it!"

"Just go in the basement!" He says exhausted from this topic. I opened the door and the metal chair was gone. Now blankets and pillows were laid out near a wall. But there was a long chain hooked onto a pipe that when along the wall to the floor.

I looked at Jayce," I had Alex fix this up".

"Thanks" I mumble not really wanting to thank him.

"Don't thank me wasn't my idea. This was all Jas's idea, some reason she keeps asking about you. Usually she don't give a shit about he people we take."

She asks about me?

I walked down the stairs and sat on the blankets. He cuffed the chain around my wrist and dropped my arm.

Then he took off his shirt and tossed it on the washer. Leaving him only in his grey sweats. I hugged my legs to my chest. What the hell is he doing?!

He pulled out a punching bag with a stand out of the closet nest the dryer.

"Body like this don't just happen you know?" He winks with one of his classic smirks. I was just about to roll my eyes when I caught myself.

"Your making it really hard for me to not roll my eyes."

"If you do you'll know what happens." He started to punch the the punching bag. Hed punch harder if he would exhale sharply with every punch it'd be more faster and more powerful.

"Exhale!" He stops punching to face me.
"Every punch should have a breath. This makes you faster and more powerful. It also helps you relax and save energy while also helping you establish a rhythm."

"Hey but what do I know?" I shrug and close my eyes as I leaned my head back against the wall.

"Baby girl you cease to disappoint me. Now thanks to you I can punch better. So whenever your misbehaving I'll make sure to take in what you said." He winks and goes back to his workout.

Shit why did I do that?!