Chapter 23

Jayce POV

Jayce POV

I paced back and fourth listening to Zoe scream in pain. As Nick tried to take the bullet out and stitch up her leg. Logan leaned over the railing with his hands interlocked with his own.

I have to admit Zoe freaking surprised me today. I never would've picked her as the daredevil type. She's tougher then I thought, I really underestimated her.

"Why the hell did you let her do that?!" Logan hissed.

"I didn't she was just there, she saved my life you prick!"

"Seriously Jayce, what about her life?!" he pushes himself off the railing to face me.

"YOU DONT THINK I CARE ABOUT HER?!" A voice was cleared, making us look at Nick who stood in the door frame. The screaming had stopped I hadn't really noticed because I was too busy yelling.

"She's gonna be fine, she's resting now" Nick steps aside for us to step inside.

"How you feeling, Z" Logan smiles at the very pale Zoe.

"Like I've been shot in the leg" Her eyes was puffy and red, from crying.

I frowned and looked at the floor.

"Hungry?" Logan shrugs tucking his hands in his jean pockets.

"No thanx I'm good, Im just gonna sleep" He nods and heads out the door. I quickly closed the door and leaning against it.

"You could've died." I mumbled.

"But I didn't though. Even if I did you wouldn't care I would be one less thing to worry about. Right?" Why is she so chill about this?! First time Gabi was shot she was terrified and so was I. I didn't know if she would make it but luckily Nick was there. I felt something when I saw Zoe get shot, not sure what though.

"When your parents would argue, your brother would sneak you out for ice cream. You get straight A's but you talk back to the teachers, which pisses them off because you have so much potential. which brings me over to you not being so sure what you want in life just yet."  I crossed my arms across my chest, still leaning against the door.

"Shall I tell you if your right or tell you what I know?" She asks sitting up from her reclined position. 

"What do you know?"

"A lot... I know that your mom died when you were 9 and your dad was the leader of this gang. You got amazing grades in high school and was the best football player on the team. When you were in your junior year you dropped out to take on the role as gang leader, that was the year your dad died too. Im so sorry."

"I have a feeling you know more."

"You also dated this girl in Junior year and you took her with you to LA. But when you were away handling business with other gangs Logan and Gabi grew close together and started to earn feelings for one another. Then she was kidnapped by the Vice Kings and was killed by a guy named Zach." I swallow hard as I hear these words. Memories, bad memories started coming back.

"Its not your fault Jayce-

"Yes it is!" I hissed.

"NO its not... its Zach's fault!" she snapped, I did not expect that at all for her to snap like that. "He was the one that pulled the trigger, he was the one that kidnapped her!"

"...Look princess-"

"My dad used to abuse my mom and I. That was until my mom killed herself, when I was 9. When I was 12 my brother finally had the balls to call and arrest my dad. Which put us in the foster system, lucky for us my uncle adopted us. Who till this very day is my dad, chief of police." I totally judged her and I was completely  wrong.

"Still think I'm a princess?" She snaps.

I shake my head, sighing.

"Jasmine doesn't know that I was abused or how my mom died or that my dad is really my uncle. So I would appreciate it if you didn't say anything. Its just I don't want to-"

"Be reminded and be looked at as the broken child?" I finished her thought and she nodded.

"You were right about the ice cream, the grades, and the unsure about life thing. You just missed a few details."

"A few?! How are you not messed up?" I joke causing her to laugh, which was really cute. Wait did I just think cute?

"Looks like I win and you loose! Which means I get to party" she gloated with a bright smile. I have to say she was really pretty when she did.

What the fuck is going on with me?!
____________________________

"First thing in the morning we're moving houses. This place is no longer safe." I fill the group in on what's going to happen next. We all scattered in the living room. Vince and Alex on the floor leaning against the couch. While Logan, Nick and Jasmine actually sat on the couch.

"Why don't we fix this place up like we usually do? It's not like it hasn't happened before" Alex runs his hands through his hair.

"Because Alex! Is that a good enough reason for you?!" I hissed causing him to hold his hands up in defense.

"I saw Zoe take out that guy with the gun.  Bro she got some skills maybe she should join the gang" Alex jokes.

"Yeah take Vince's place, he doesn't do anything anyway. " Logan adds making them to laugh except for Vince.

"No seriously, think about it! She is observant about things. She can talk herself out of trouble and manipulate people. She badass with a gun and she's smart." Nick finally finishes his ridiculous explanation leaving room for awkward silence.

"Yeah a smart ass!" Vince retorts crossing his arms.

"Think about it, like really think about it guys!"
That's when their facial expressions started to change. Are they seriously gonna consider the chief of polices daughter to join the gang.

"No not gonna happen, she's not cut out for it." I broke their train of thought.

"Seriously, no one is cut out to be in a gang at first. It's not exactly something your born to do. Like your mom gives birth then BOOM... your in a gang!" Alex explains causing them to laugh, except for me.

"NO WAY IS SHE JOINING THIS GANG!"

"But why she has potential and you know it!" Logan yells shooting up from his seat.

"BECAUSE I SAID SO!"