Chapter 21

Jayce POV

I really should start on that bet if I'm going to win back my money. Jasmine is her best friend, I would ask her but she got high again. I have no patience for that right now.

I'll ask Nick see what he knows. I caught them talking at one point. So he has to know something.

Instead of knocking being the dick that I am I barge in. He shot up from his reclined position. Once he saw my face he rolls his eyes and lays back down.

"What Jayce?" He snaps with his husky voice, looks like I woke him up.

"What do you know about Zoe? Like what's her story?"

"Why do you care?" His voice muffled from the pillow that's covering his face.

"Because I have the chance to win my money back. I don't wanna screw it up so answer the damn question!" I hiss, he's so complicated just answer the question.

He lets out a sigh, sitting up,"All I know is that she's gets good grades but she isn't a great student. She isn't sure what she wants in life yet. That's all I know."

"Thanx bro..."

"... Talk to Jade or Jasmine they should know."

Jasmines high and Jade won't even look at me. This I'll be harder then I thought.

Zoe POV

Today Im going to figure out who the famous, Jayce Calaway is. I hope I win, because I do not want to give up that money. Seriously who would give up $8.7 million.

I decided to go to Alex first to see what he knows. Lucky for me he's with Jasmine so I get two sources.

"Alex you guys busy?" I walk in to see Jasmine burning... again.

"Zoooooeeee, your here what's up?" Okay maybe one source.

"Why the hell is she like this?" I place my hands on my hips shifting my weight to one side.

"I tried but she wouldnt listen..." He covers her ears,"You need to do something, she isn't listening to me. I may be her boyfriend but-

"Wait hold up... Did you just say BOYFRIEND?!" I snap at him furious that no one told me. "When did this happen?"

"When you escaped" he said shyly hoping I won't yell.

"I have to tell someone!"I blurt out.

"No don't Jayce can't find out! If he does I'm dead!"

"Logan come here!" I see him pass by in the hall. He lets out a sigh and walks in slowly.

"What?" He said with a robot tone.

"Alex and Jasmine are together!"

"Yes I see that... and your here and I'm about to be over there!" He points to the hall and takes a step back but I grip his forearm.

"No Logan, they're together together!"
It took him a moment but then it dawned on him.

"You better not let Jayce find out. Otherwise your dead!" Logan says with an amused look on his face. Clearly enjoying this predicament.

"You don't think I know that?!" Alex shouts quite irritated. Logan holds his hands up in defense as he backs out the room slowly.

"Okay back to me... I need your help on something. What do you know about Jayce? Like what's his story?"

"Why do you want to know?"

"Zoe I like your hair... it looks good on you!" Jasmine places her hand over Alex's mouth so that he wouldn't speak. He grips onto her wrist and pulls her hand off.

"Thank you Jas... Becasue we made a bet. First one to figure out each other's story wins. If I win I get to go with you guys to the next time you go out to a club. However, if Jayce wins I give him back the money took from him." I sat at the edge of the bed waiting for his reaction.

"Sorry I met him when he was 16 at the street fight. He took me in that day we met, I was in bad shape and he took me in." He explains, "But Nick and Logan should know more about him."

"Thanx Alex...oh and if you hurt My Person... I'll hurt you!" I threaten while keeping a straight face. I'm not joking I will hurt him. She's been through enough as is.

"Noted."

First I'm going to Jade to because obvi reasons. Hello she's his sister she knows everything about him. I opened the door to see Jayce on her bed talking.

"No!" I stomped my right foot.

"Sorry gotta be quicker then that!" I quickly shut the door before I rolled my eyes. I guess I'm going to Nick. I knocked on his door and heard a muffled 'come in'.

"Nick tell me about Jayce... and before you say that's his story to tell. I have permission to know. Jayce and I have a bet going and I need to win!" I explain not giving him a chance to speak.

I've gotten to know Nick better then the rest of the group, that is until Logan came. Then I've been hanging with him but Im still close with Nick.

"What?" A confused expression appears on his face.

"Just please tell me what was Jayce like. What's his story?" I asked as I helped myself on the foot of his bed.

"We met in high school... he was a good student actually. Straight A's, best football player on the team." Seriously, he got straight A's?!

"I bet he was the high schools bad boy and slept with half the girls."  I roll my eyes at the thought.

"No actually he dated this girl, Gabi. But that wasn't until the beginning of Junior year. Then he dropped out but he never gave me a reason. He asked if I wanted to go with him and I did. Like I said I was an idiot, still am but I'm not as bad now." He explains without making any eye contact. The subject of Gabi is sore subject. His body tenses once he said her name.

What's the deal with this Gabi girl?!

"Thanx Nick!" I hugged him breaking the awkward silence. I walked out so that I could find Logan. Man this is tiring!

"Logan can I ask you something?" I asked suddenly shy. Why am I shy all of the sudden? Well it is a tough subject and I don't wanna be inconsiderate and ask like it's no big deal. I hope he'll tell me because I really want to know.

"Sure thing what's up?" He sits up from his reclined position on his bed.

"Tell me the story of Gabi... please" I pulled my bottom lip between my teeth. He stared at me and sighs, he pats on the spot next to him.

"It all started in high school..."