Chapter 14

Logan POV

It's twelve in the afternoon and Zoe still hasn't woken up yet. She lays there on the bed peacefully sleeping. I want be here when she wakes. I observe her body language as she lays still, her chest moving up in down.

She starts to move around and slightly moans as she stretches out her arms. I sat beside her.

I lean over to whisper in her ear, "I can make you moan louder than that if you want." I move back as her eyes widen but then immediately close back up, since the sun was so bright.

She groans,"Seriously Logan?"

"Hey I'm just stating a true fact", I shrug my shoulders. She places the palm of her hand on her forehead. I handed her a glass of water and pills that were on her bedside.

"Must you yell?" She throws the pill to the back of her throat then takes a few sips.
"My head is literally trying to killing me. And the sun is trying to blind me, Logan."

I roll my eyes at her exaggeration, drama queen much? She examines her appearance, wearing a Bulls jersey and black basketball shorts.

"Who-

"I did, we would had Jasmine do it but she was out cold." I already knew what she was thinking.

"Is she okay?" She sits up with a concerned look on her face.

"She's fine just has a killer hangover like you. Although maybe not as bad as yours."

She nods and lays back down, she looks around the room, squinting her eyes.

"We're in Nicks room he insisted you rested in here" She places her hand on my bruised cheek bone. I flinch at her touch from the tenderness.

"What the hell happened?"

"You- You mean you don't remember?"
She shook her head as she sat up in the upright position. "Jayce got into a fight that's all."

"Why?"

"Um...he was upset that I got you drunk. Plus the fact that I came back, so he just exploded." I try to explain smoothly coming up with a lame explanation.

"Why would he care if I'm drunk? That doesn't seem like he would just explode like that. Not with you anyways, I observe things you know?"

"I'm quite aware anyways I'm gonna grab something for you to eat. Alright?" I walk out before she could ask another question. I went downstairs to the kitchen to fix her something to eat, something simple.

Don't get me wrong Zoe is a cool girl and I like her, maybe a little too much. But I need to remember that she's still Jayceʻs "prisoner" , I guess you'll call it that?

I search the fridge for something quick to fix up, I heard footsteps from behind. I turned my head to face Jayce, his hair messy and out of place wearing only in his grey sweats. He rolls his eyes walking over to the medicine cabinet above the sink. He takes out some advil and pops it in his mouth and takes the OJ carton from my hand.

"Dick" I mumble under my breath as he slams the carton down on the counter.

"Asshole" I swear it's like we're kids again. He's just so damn stubborn, I too find it hard to believe we are best friends. Or let me rephrase that, were best friends.

"God your such a stubborned Bitch!"

"Yeah well at least I'm not a fucking coward! Like you ditching the gang like that! When I needed you the most, you left."

"God what will it take for you to get it through your sick mind. That I'm fucking sorry but I needed to get away, away from the place that reminds me of her! I was dying inside!" I confessed, he slams his hands on the counter.

"How the hell do you think I felt?! Huh?! I'm the one that brought her, I'm the one who was careless, and I'm the one that got her killed!" See I knew this would happen eventually! I knew it was never gonna be easy coming back. There's so much tension between us, and this is just the beginning.

"How many times do I have to tell you?! Its both our faults, not just yours! I'm sorry I left, I regret leaving the gang!"

"Yet you still did it!" He grabs a box of cereal on his way out.

Fucking Asshole! I slammed two slices of bread into the toaster. I placed my hands on the counter hunched over. Then I heard footsteps again.

"Now what the fuck so you want?!" I look up to see Zoe with her arms crossed against her chest. "Sorry I thought..."

"I was Jayce?" She walks more in but cautiously. "Yeah... Sorry to disappoint."

I let out a slight chuckle.

"Who's the girl you two were fighting about?" She sat at the other side of the counter. Looking down at her interlocked hands, resting on the counter.

"Uh I don't wanna talk about it?"

"Well can you tell me why he's so pissed at you? Why your such a coward?" I finally broke eye contact and looked out the window behind her.

"I left the gang 6 months ago without warning. He hates me because I was such a coward for leaving."

"Why'd you leave?"

"That's involves me telling you the girl story, that I don't wanna talk about." I came back to restart with him. But I can't when he's being his asshole self and so stubborn!

"I'm sorry it's just-

"No I get it... you don't wanna talk about because it's hard and you don't wanna remember. I know I'm the same way." Her eyes has this certain sparkle, that I like. "And your not a coward."

"That's because you don't know my story."

"I don't need to... I already know." The toast pops up breaking our gaze. She shyly looks to the ground and she wraps her arms around her self.

Fuck I've only known her for a day and a half. And I feel like I've known her forever. What's this girl doing to me?!