Chapter 18

Zoe POV

There you are you bitch!" Jayce grips my forearm, pulling me towards him. My heart immediately drops to my stomach.
"You took my sister?!"

"Jayce let me-

"You took my sister!" He said through his gritted teeth. He pulls out his gun from his back. He shoved me to the ground pointing the gun to my head. "Any las words?!"

I open my mouth to speak,"Zoe!" Wait I didn't want to say that. I open it again,"Zoe!" Suddenly,I felt myself being shook. I close and open my eyes, to see Jade in front of me. It was a nightmare... again.

"Ray told me to wake you, it's time for school." She informed with a hushed tone to her voice. "Ray said if you don't wanna go back today, you can tomorrow."

It's been officially 6 days since we've escaped. Ive been having nightmares ever since. It's strange how I felt a bit more safe there then here. Now that he's probably on the search to kill me.

"N-No I'll go I just need some time to get ready, That's all." I haven't left the house since, my dad was hesitant at first to allow me to go back to school. But we made a compromise, if I go he would have police outside the school parking lot and my classroom. 

"You okay?" She refers back to my nightmare scare.

"It's the same thing only I didn't die. You woke me up before it happened."

"We're safe now, your dad is taking care of it. Your brother is watching us and cops are waiting us like a hawk." She says happily attempting to cheer me up. But it was really working all that well.

My dad thought it was a good idea for Jade and I to stay with my brother. It's totally safe my dad said. Police out front across the street. And hidden cameras around the house. For extra precautions.

I walked into my bathroom and stared at my reflection. I had dark circles under my eyes, my hair wasn't healthy and I still had some bruising. Then it dawned on me!

I had some hair dye I bought a while back. I feel like I need to change, start fresh.

So I put in the hair dye and waited for a couple hours. I decided to dye my hair a darker brown and add gray silver highlights with a little blonde. My Aunty owns a hair salon and taught me a few things. Thank you Aunty!

(Hair Below)

Once I finished my hair I changed my clothes

Once I finished my hair I changed my clothes. I put my hair up in a ponytail and put it through my Nike hat.
(Outfit Down Below)

I ran down the stairs hoping to miss my brother

I ran down the stairs hoping to miss my brother. But I was stopped by a big figure in the middle of the doorway to the kitchen.

"Zoe do you know what time it is?" Ray crosses his arm looking at the watch that isn't there on his wrist. However I have the time on my phone.

"Um 11:42?" I stuff my phone in my back pocket of my jeans.

"You've missed two periods already on your 4th day back. And for what to dye your hair?!" He scolds, I simply roll my eyes as I toss my backpack over my shoulder.

"My bad if I want to change things up!" I hiss back.

"Whoa what's with the attitude? You've changed Zoe."

"Yeah that's what happens when you've been kidnapped for a few weeks. You start to change."

"What happened to you... its like I do t know you anymore." He crosses his arms across his chest.

"You never knew me Ray! You say your always there for me but you aren't! There's a purpose dad sends me here so that I'm with you and not alone! NO YOU WANNA GO PARTY AND GET DRUNK!"

He was silent, so I decided it my time to go. I head for the door when I heard her voice.

"Zoe-
I heard Jade say from behind, but I shook my head and swung open the door.

"What about your breakfast?"

"Skipping, lost my appetite!" I shout with my back faced towards him.

My brother and I have been fighting a lot ever since I came back. It's just not the same anymore, I'm not the same anymore.

I meet up with the cops outside.
After a long and awkward car ride later. I was escorted by two officers to my next class, third period, science with Mrs.

Get ready for the stares, the whispering behind my back, and the made up ridiculous bullshit stories. I was brought out of my thoughts when I came across the closed door that lead into my class.

"Now remember class the velocity is changing over the course of time. And-
All eyes were on my including Mrs. Sterling.

"Mrs. Ford... Welcome back." She greets with a smile. Wow no eye roll, no glare, no sigh, no why are you late?!

"Thank you" I mumble as I kept my head down walking to the very back of the class. I sat in the corner back seat, I looked at the empty spot where Jasmine usually would sit.

That was pretty much all I said the whole day.

The school day was a drag, I didn't interact with anyone. Considering the fact that everyone was to damn busy to gossip about me. It's already bad enough I was kidnapped by Jayce Calaway, and now I have to deal with cops on my back 24/7.

My dad has me seeing my counselor everyday after school. It's so irritating!

"How are you?" My counselor asks once again crossing her legs and interlocking her hands together.

"Look I know my dad arranged for you to talk to me. To see how I'm doing and not about to go crazy. But we don't have to do this." I point out,"The whole thing with the feelings and the crying. We don't need to do that because I'm-

"Fine?" She finishes my sentence for me. "You said that word so many times it doesn't sound like a word anymore."

She's doesn't believe I'm fine and nether do I. But if I break I don't know If I can put myself together again.
_________________________________

As I laid back on my bed, staring at the ceiling. I was afraid to sleep again, because it would lead to the nightmare.

"Fuck my life!" I shout as I threw one of my pillows at my closed door.

"What's the matter can't sleep?" I heard a deep voice, I quickly turned on my bedside lamp. My eyes widen at the sight of the one and only Jayce Calaway.

"JAYCE-

"Missed me?"