Chapter 6

Zoe POV

Jasmine and I stood there in silence. I stared at the dirty brick wall while she stood there staring. She stepped in front blocking my view of the brick wall. I looked up at her then back at the knife that still remained in my thigh.

"Talk to me Zoe."

But I still remained silent.

"I had no choice... if I didn't-

"You could have told me! You knew my father was looking for him! And you knew he was after me! You betrayed me!" I yell through my gritted teeth. As I still felt the pain in my thigh.

"If it wasn't for me calling the cops the other day ... you would have been here sooner!" She yells as I shake my head not wanting to hear it.

"This will hurt like hell" she told stepping closer. I stare at her hand as it got closer to the handle of the knife.

"NO DON'T!" A voice shouts startling the both of us.

"You can't just rip it out and leave it like that!" Nick ran down the stairs pushing Jasmine away. "Just get out!" Jasmine stormed away up the stairs slamming the door behind her.

I study his emotionless face as he examines my knife in my thigh. He covers my mouth before pulling the knife out. I let out a big scream. He removed his hand and walked over the to cabinets above the washer and dryer.

He pulled out a first aid kit, he took out alcohol, antibiotic, and a bandage wrap.

"I have to cut your jeans to get to the wound." He hesitantly takes my leg and cuts the jeans up to my wound. He cuts it all around to make it look like shorts on one side.

"This will sting like a bitch" he warns before pouring the alcohol on the wound. I let out a ear piercing scream, then he places the antibiotic. Once he did that he wrapped it with the bandage around my wound.

"How much did you here?" I finally manage to ask as he neatly puts the stuff away.

"I didn't." I knew he was lying.

"Yes you did... otherwise you wouldn't have ran in here!"

"How long?"

"How long what?" I asked confused, gonna have to give me more then two words.

"How long have you two known each other?"

"Since we were kids... our moms were good friends" I smile at the thought of my mom and the good times. "Please don't say anything."

"Don't say what?" He says with his back faced to me while walks back up the stairs.
______________________________

I got so bored I started counting the bricks on the wall in front of me.

68... 69... 7- the door swung open loosing my train of thought. It was Jase holding up a sandwich. Damn it I lost count... (mental sigh) gotta start all over again!

1... 2... 3...

"Man this sandwich is damn good. Your welcome to help yourself to the fridge." I slowly looked at Jayce which is face turned from a evil smile to a smirk. "Oh that's right you can't!"

I roll my eyes... shit I keep forgetting!
No surprise he slapped me across the face.

"What did I say about that?! You just don't listen do you?!" I kept my head down hiding my watery eyes. "Look at me when I'm talking to you damn it!" He grips my face in one hand forcing me to look at him.

"NO I WILL NOT LOOK AT YOU! I WILL NEVER SHOW YOU RESPECT! I HATE YOU!" I shouted as tears began roll down my cheeks. I quickly wiped them away by my shoulders. "I will not cry in front of you and give you the satisfaction! I'm stronger then that... your gonna have to try a lot harder then that!"

It was silent for a moment. To be honest I'm afraid he's gonna punch me in the face or worse. But to my surprise he just walked up the stairs. I let out a sigh once the door shut closed.

But moments later he came back but with no sandwich. I held my breath as he walked towards me. I shut my eyes  but didn't feel any pain, just relief. I opened my eyes to see the rope removed from my arms.

"Try escape and your gonna wish you didn't!" He warns while he untied my feet. I prop myself out of the chair with my hands pushing up. I immediately fall back in the chair, as the pain in my right leg caught me by surprise.

I catch him rolling his eyes as he waits for me.

"Didn't anyone tell you that's rude" I mocked causing a slight smirk to appear on his face. He grabbed me by the arm and lifted me up. He tossed my arm, draping over his shoulder.

He placed his right hand on my waist, letting me lean on him for support. I made my way up the steps slowly and weakly. He led me to an empty hall with a few open doors, all except one.

Which caught my attention. I guess he noticed because he swung open the door to the bathroom, startling the crap out of me.

"You got 5 minutes use it wisely" he spat while shoving me into the bathroom. He closed the door and I quickly locked it.

The bathroom was everything white except for the blue carpet by the toilet and shower. The shower certain was black with a blue outline.

I'm afraid to look in the mirror. It hasn't been a day, I'm guessing and I feel like shit. I noticed a window above the toilet. I kneeled my left knee on the toilet seat.

I tried lifting the window up but it was locked. I looked at the bottom right corner of the window to see a small key hole. I can pick that easy, I just need a hair pick.

I searched the cabinet under the sink, just to find toilet paper, brushes, towels, and first aid kit. I stood up straight to see my reflection in the mirror. I didn't look as bad I thought I was gonna be. But I still looked bad.

I touched my cheek lightly, it was still red and tender from the last few slaps.

"You look awful" I told to my reflection. I shook my head and slowly turned the door knob, hearing the lock finally unlock I opened it. I looked to my left then right, no sign of Jayce.

Suddenly, I heard sobbing near by. It sounded like it was coming from the closed door. I slowly opened the door to see nobody but the crying got louder.

Then I find myself against the wall, I had troubles breathing. That's when I realized that Jayce was the one who's hands was choking me.

"DON'T YOU EVER GO INTO THAT ROOM!" He yells with so much rage in his voice." Don't look at the door, don't talk about the door, and don't even think about the closed door!"

"Are you thinking about the door?!" He adds finally releasing his hold on my neck, returning the air to my lungs. I hunched over gasping for air before replying to his remark.

"Well...Now I am...now that you brought it up."

Little does he know when I'm determined you can't stop me till I get whatever it is I want. And I am determined to see what's or should I say who's behind that closed door.