Chapter 15

Zoe POV

For some odd reason Jayce has let me off the chain, literally. I don't have to be chained up but still remain in the house. I'm gaining more and more of his trust. Which I could use to my advantage!

Nick ,Vince, Jayce and Logan decided they needed a night out. Guys night out I guess you'll call it that. Leaving me with Alex and Jasmine to watch me. Could've been worse, like Vince staying back and watching me. We all know how that will go.

"You watch her like a fucking hawk. You got that?!" Jayce told Alex for the thousandth time. He sighs, nodding that he got it.

"Bro hurry up!" Nick calls from outside. What I don't understand is why Alex stayed back. I get that he needs to watch me,cause you he doesn't entirely trust me. Believe me I wouldn't trust me either.

Jayce finally shuts the door behind him, Alex locks the door and lets out a sigh of relief.

"Finally... I thought they'd never leave." I push back a strand of hair behind my ear, leaning against the wall in the living room.

"Fuck man more drinks for us!" Jasmine holds up a bottle of vodka in one hand and a joint in the other. Alex gave Jasmine a concerning look at first, then his dark brown eyes darkened, filled with anger.

"What the fuck is wrong with you Jasmine?! I hate seeing you like this!" He tries to snatch the bottle away but she takes a few steps back. "Jasmine give me the bottle!"

"NO!" She pouted like she were a child, crossing her arms while she stomped her right foot. "I don't wanna!"

"Jasmine god dammit!" She runs up the stair case before I knew it Alex was following her to her room.

I slowly made my way up the steps. I wanted to see what Jade was up to. I knocked on the door before opening it, she laid on her bed staring at the ceiling while listening to her iPod. She kicks her feet up in the air to beat of her iPod playing.

"Hey you okay?" I question as I sat at the foot of her bed. She takes out one side of her earphones so that she could hear better. "I said are you okay!"

"Oh Ive been better, How bout you?" She rests her head on my lap as I sat cris cross. I could hear Alex and Jasmine arguing from the other room. "What the hell is that about?"

"Alex is yelling at Jasmine for drinking. Again! You know I'm worried about her." I've never seen this side of her before. I don't like it one bit and Alex seems to agree. He seems to really care for her, like a lot.

Do I sense romance, I think so!

"Jasmine give me the bottle!" I hear Alex's muffled voice from the other room.

"Wanna make a snack downstairs while they argue up here?" I suggest and scrunches her face debating wether it's worth it or not to get up from this soft bed.
"We can make Açaí Bowls..." I sung with a smirk, making her to smirk as well.

"I'M IN!" She drops her iPod and races to the kitchen. I however don't feel like running at the moment. So I decided to walk, yes I'm aware I'm a track  runner but, eh.

"Okay so we got bananas, strawberries..."As she listed the ingredients I slowly started to tune out.

Jasmine and Alex are upstairs, and we're down here. Jayce and the guys are out and there's the front door. I can leave, now is my chance!

I finally tune back in to her still listing,"Finally we have the famous Açaí B-"

"Wanna leave?" I ask not taking my eyes off the front door. I waited for her response but it was silent. I finally took my eyes off the front door. To see her looking at me with fear in her eyes.
"If we leave right now, we can make it. Seriously, you don't know it yet but life isn't supposed to be this hard. You should be able to see the world. Go out whenever you want."

"What if he-

"He won't we'll be protected by my dad and his police force." If she won't leave in the next few seconds, I'm leaving! "Come on, just trust me."

She looks at the front door then down at her shaky hands. I walk around the kitchen counter and hold her shaky hands.

She looks me in the eyes and nods. Before she leaves takes one of the Açaí packs. I raise my eyebrow with a questioning look.

"Hey I'm not waisting this!" She mumbles as she tear the packaging between her teeth. I roll my eyes as I open the front door. Hot sun warming my skin, the wind blowing through my hair.

I walk out and that devil dog that attacked me started barking. He ran towards me but was pulled back by the chain hooked to his collar. Anxiety started to kick in, my palms became sweaty while my heart raced.

"He's chained up, he can't get you." She walks over and starts to rub his belly to distract him. I ran passed and opened the gate. She followed behind but I took a sudden stop causing her to run into my back.

"Ouch why the sudden stop? Are you having second thoughts?!" It's not that I'm having second thoughts, it's just we're in the middle of nowhere!

Literally, the road and on the other side of the road is great big tall trees, forest. How the hell are we supposed to get home?!

I guess my face said it all because Jade holds my hand, reassuringly. I may have not known her for long but she's like my little sister I never had.

"Relax, if anything I should be the nervous one." She places her hand on her chest, "Town is this way... I watch Jayce and the guys come and go that way all the time."

"Alright you sure you wanna do this?" Just invade she has second thoughts.

"Yeah I'm sure are you trying to talk me out of it now?" She releases my hand to cross her arms."I've been ready for years."
——————————————————
"Are we almost there yet... we've been walking for hours!" Jade whines setting her chin on my shoulder as I gave her piggyback ride.

"One we've only been walking for an hour. And two you haven't been walking because I'm CARRYING YOU!" I raised my voice at the last part. Obviously frustrated with this lazy girl. "Anyways are we here."

"Thank god I don't think I could walk anymore!" She hunches over with her hands on her knees attempting to catch her lost breath, when it really wasn't all that lost.

"You didn't walk at all dumb ass!"