Realization hits hard.

Start from the beginning

"Here?" I asked looking around at the street.

"Yeah. Just look."

I looked around the car slightly confused until I began to see how bad the area was, rubbish littered the walk ways, cigarette butts were almost decoration from how dirty and dusty this place was. My eyes continued around as I noticed a man sat on the floor in a sleeping bag, He was sat up against the wall with a bottle of beer beside him smoking a cigarette looking happy. But he was filthy.

I frowned, and went to look away when he moved the rest of the sleeping bag revealing his dog. I couldn't stop my little gasp as his faithful companion sat beside him looking at him for love and attention.

"I-"

"Okay?" Zak asked me.

"What are you trying to achieve?" I asked him.

"Ready to go?" He asked me.

"N-No. What about the man? His dog?" I asked.

"What about them?" Zak asked.

"W-what do you mean? What about them? Where do they live? Do they live there?" I asked.

"Probably not, a lot of people here act homeless to get money. You know that."

"But he has a dog."

"A well fed dog." He pointed out. "He is also smoking and drinking. I say he's doing well for himself. Let's go.. A few more detours."

I sighed as he pulled away leaving me thinking about that man and his dog as we got to a cross junction. "What do you want for lunch ?" Zak asked.

"Um.." I pushed my mouth to the side thinking when he asked again.

"Come on Robyn. What do you want? Tell me what you want for lunch. "

"I don't know!"

"Yes you do! What do you want for lunch?!"

"I don't know! Stop pressu-"

"Hurry up!" He called making me panic.

"I don'-"

"Too late." He butted in leaving me seething.

"What the hell is wrong with you having a go at me like that?! I don't know what I want because I'm thinking of you! Screw you and your stinking lunch. I'm not hungry." I answered looking away from him.

We fell silent when I began to get irritated with his air con, I turned it off making him look at me. "Open a damn window if it's that hot. The fan is doing my head in."

We pulled up outside IKEA.  "Let's go." He spoke getting out.

I threw him a look and got out, purposely slamming the car door to annoy him. "You know I hate this shop."

"I know..." He smiled getting a trolley.

I narrowed my eyes at him and followed him around sniffing and coughing occasionally. I left my bottle of water at home...

As we made our way around, I began to feel my chest tighten and it was only seconds but Zak disappeared and I went into full panic.

I couldn't catch my breath as floods of people surrounded me, I looked for him but I never found my Autumn eyes until I backed up hitting into something. I spun around to see it was a display.

This is a panic attack.. I can deal with this.

But I failed spectaculary as a mother past with a screaming child, a group of teenagers were staring and the amount of trolleys left me unable to escape.