She smirked. "Thank you for having me."

He let out a soft laugh.

"What?" She wondered.

"Nothing," he shook his head looking shyly at the floor. "I like that smile of yours," Hamdan added, lifting his head back up.

Sarah felt her cheeks warming up with blush and the smirk disappeared. 

He moved his face closer again, so he could whisper in her ear. "See? I shouldn't have said anything."

Her eyes traveled to the side and back up to the long crystal chandelier hanging from the ceiling. She tucked her hair behind the ear trying to hide the bashfulness Hamdan brought up in her. 

He took a step back. "This way," he indicated, extending his arm to the side.

Hamdan opened one of the double doors on the left and Sarah's steps were quieted down by the carpeted floor inside the room that she recognized right away; it was a spacious majli, a room designated for entertaining. Two of the four walls had big windows that allowed to look out onto the gardens. All around were white couches and ottoman seats with wooden tables and lamps, between them. In the furthest corner of the majli, enclosed by the beautiful view of the gardens, was a table with two chairs.

"I hope this is okay," said Hamdan as they approached the table. "It's just that the in the dining room there's this big table and I thought that maybe this would nicer and I didn't—"

"Are you rambling?" She interrupted. "Don't. That's my thing."

He laughed and pulled out a chair for her.

"And this is perfect, by the way," she added, admiring impeccable set up of flowers, candles and sushi in front of her. There was more than enough food for the two of them.

Hamdan sat across from her. "I didn't know what you liked, so I asked for a little bit of everything."

The initial awkwardness diluted away as they started talking about their favorite foods, their childhood and, inevitably, the conversation came down to endurance. 

"I thought I might see you before today..." He hinted.

"What? Where?"

"At the races," he shrugged.

"You've been there all week, huh?" She took a sip of water.

He lifted an eyebrow. "Have you been spying on me?"

"I saw you on T.V."

"Why weren't you there? Don't you normally go?"

"Yes, I was there on Wednesday, actually, to see Uma."

His eyes widened. "What? Why didn't I see you?"

"I wasn't there for long but I did see you."

"Why didn't you say hi? Are you avoiding me again?" He joked with a suspicious look.

She shook her head smiling. "I'm not! I'm here having dinner with you. I just thought it might be a little weird."

"Next time at least say hi."

Sarah leaned back on her chair and put the chopsticks and linen napkin over her empty plate. "I have a question."

Hamdan was still eating so he only nodded.

"Why haven't you ridden yet?" She wondered. "You missed the National Cup and since we are here, I'm assuming you're not riding tomorrow for your father's cup. Are you going to ride for the President's Cup?"