But she could not help to watch how he expressed himself with so much devotion about the race. A horse from MRM stables, his father's stable, was on the lead. She knew he was also very involved with MRM and that it would mean a lot to him if that horse won one of the big races. The interview finished and the cameras went on to the track. She looked down at the floor with the same haunting question in her mind.

Why? Why Hamdan? What kind of sick game is this? It can't happen. It won't happen.

She turned the T.V. off, went to her room and started changing into workout clothes.

I need to stay focused. I'll train hard, I'll work hard, I'll go out with the girls, I'll volunteer extra hours at RD. Whatever it takes.

In front of the mirror she pulled her hair back in a ponytail and exhaled.

I'll take him out of my system. That's it.

---

Two weeks of complete abstinence. She had not seen Hamdan, let alone texted with him. She was trying harder than before to keep herself busy and distracted, but the thought of him would not leave her. Despite her attempt, things seemed to get worse. Somehow, everything had now turned into a reminder of him. Sarah had seriously thought about closing her Instagram account, but could not bring herself to do it. It was her consolation prize: Hamdan's posts.

After an early training with Princesa, she was staring at the mirror inside the locker room at the stables. Her eyes fixed on the F3 logo on the t-shirt she was wearing.

This is going to be impossible.

She shook her head and started fixing her hair with her hands when she heard someone coming in. It was Uma.

"Hey! I was looking for you!" Uma was all smiles, with her hair still wet from the shower, same as Sarah.

"What happened?" Replied Sarah, looking at her friend in the mirror.

"Guess what? Abdullah is in the lead at the Al Dhafra Cup. So Hassan, Ghanim and I are going there. You want to come with us?"

"Right now? All the way to Abu Dhabi?"

"Yeah," Uma glanced at her wrist watch. "If we leave now we will be there for the last loop."

Before, this would be a no-brainer for Sarah. She would never hesitate to go and support a team member, even if it meant a long drive, but it was very likely that Hamdan would be there too.

"Um, it's just that I have this new assignment from the agency and I really need to start working on it." Sarah explained, wrinkling her nose.

"Come on, I know you would love to see Abdullah win and he was there for the Sheikha Fatima Cup, remember?" Uma persuaded her.

Sarah pressed her lips together. "Yes, I do."

"So?"

What am I supposed to do? Avoid him forever?

Uma was looking at her with begging eyes.

Sarah turned around to see her face to face. "Okay, let's go. But I'm taking my car, because I'm leaving as soon as the race is over."

"Perfect!" Uma did a small, happy jump. "I'll come with you and Hassan can give me a ride back."

Just as Uma predicted, they got there shortly after the last loop had started. Her three friends did most of the talking, while Sarah kept glancing around nervously making sure Hamdan wasn't near.

Maybe he's not here.

"Sarah?" Hassan was staring at her with lifted eyebrows.

"Yes?"