Chapter 24 - The Newcomers

Hikari's POV

Seventeen months...

It's been seventeen months since then.

Seventeen months after I finally came home. 

Seventeen months after I finally obtained my true freedom.

Seventeen months after I lost him.

I was really down for the first month but then, I was able to overcome it. Even though I was still thinking about him. I can't help it. He will always appeared on my head.

After I came back, I explained everything to Ichigo. I told him on how I didn't feel love to him. I only him considered him as a family because of how lonely I was after my parent's death. I also told him about Aizen-san.

I told him that I...love Aizen-san.

I told him on how sorry I was and I was expecting he will angry at me. Yelled at me. But he didn't do anything.

He only smiled to me, congratulated me that I found someone who I really love deeply from my heart.

I cried back then and he continued stayed by my side. 

I was very selfish. I was cruel. I hurt the person I cared the most. I left a scar on Ichigo's kind heart. I didn't deserves his attention, neither his kindness. But he told me he did all this to me because even though we have broke up, he still considered me as his family.

Right after that, I decided to move out from Ichigo's house and rent a small apartment. I still had some money left by Shun-san before. He gave me some for my own needs and thankfully, it was quiet enough for me to rent an apartment for myself.

Today...is always the day where I will visited him.

The day Shun-san passed away.

I went to the cemetery after I bought a flower. 

Lavenders.

Shun-san likes lavenders. He always decorated his room with two lavenders in his room or using a lavender's scent perfume.

I never missed this day. I will always visited him regularly every month. Shun-san didn't have parents. They passed away few years ago and he didn't have any relatives so I always came for him on their stead.

"Hello, Shun-san? I came again this month" I greeted him in front of his tombstone and I put the flowers. I clapped my hands and closed my eyes while I prayed for him.

I felt regret letting him die.

He died on Aizen-san's hands.

The person who cared about me, died on the hands of the person who I love the most.

It was tragic and the memory of his death will never leave my head. It will always hunting me down until my own death.

I failed him, that's what I always thought.

But I will never forget for what he already did to me.

When people around me accusing me for something that I never did, Shun-san was there for me. When doctors gave up to cured me, Shun-san was the one who stepping in and said to them that he will cured me. He never give up on me.

I remembered one of his colleague doctor mocked him for taking a patient who will never be cured in the end. I didn't get too bothered with it because that's what I always get before I met Shun-san. But Shun-san, he said to that doctor.

You're just scared because you can't take the impossible to be possible.

I was deeply moved by his words. He knew very well on how to handled me. He knew I will be cured with his help. I remembered he told me that I wasn't sick because of my physical condition. He suspected because there was something about me. He was right. Right after I can control my power, I never fainted again, I didn't get any fever.