Chapter 5 - The Bet

Another monotone day in Hikari's new life.

She was sitting on the couch while looking at the same scenery outside the castle. Dark sky, sands and withered tree.

Since the day Aizen came to know that Hikari was able to helped him create an army of arrancars, he occasionally came to her to accompanied him for it. As the result, Aizen already obtained enough arrancar to helped him achieved his goals. He was satisfied but Hikari felt guilty. She did not want to help him in the first place but Aizen threatened her that he will killed all of her friends, including Ichigo if she was dare opposed him.

"Ichigo..." She called his name while she was holding a necklace on her neck. It was her birthday gift from Ichigo last year and she treasured it so much. She swore to herself that she will never lose it. She missed him so much. She wanted to meet him. She missed Shun as well. She missed on how Shun always scolded her because he was worried about her condition. She missed her friends too. She wanted to meet them so bad. She wanted to ran from that place, but then again...

Hikari have to accepted the reality that it will be difficult for her to ran from Aizen, the man who abducted her. She knew he was strong and he will found her immediately if she was gone from Hueco Mundo. As she was busy with her mind, someone was knocking the door.

"Hello there, Hikari? How do you feel today?" Aizen appeared.

"Aizen-san. W-Well, not that good but not bad either" Hikari said.

"Really? Why?" His question rather made Hikari annoyed. He obviously knew why her mood was not good. It was because of his request to create an army using her power, create enemies to Soul Society. Aizen realized her anxiety and suddenly patted her head, confusing Hikari. "You do not need to worry. I won't ask you to create another arrancar, I think I already had enough of it and you deserve a good night rest" He stated. Hikari was confused whether she should be happy or not with his statement, but she did not want to faced him for a moment. Or much possible, forever.

"By the way, Hikari?" Hikari looked at him. "Can you sing a song for me? I would love to hear it" Aizen requested.

"Eh? What song?" 

"Anything. I want to hear your beautiful voice again. It's been a quiet time since the last time I heard it" For now, Hikari was not in a mood to sing something for him. To be honest, she did not want to at all. But Hikari knew better than refused his requests. She thought in her mind what she will sing for him as she looked at the view outside, she remembered a song about nature, and then...

The night is wavering in the water
The greening shore is so still and silent
That it is painful

If only I could wait
For a beautiful dawn
With a pure heart...  

Who told me that
There is a land without any conflicts
Beyond the dark seas and skies?
No one can reach that land,
Or perhaps it only exists in someone's heart

A melody that can quench the thirst
Of the land that calms the waters' flow
Even if it does not exist anywhere right now,
I will come to possess it
Always, someday, for sure

Let the token of water be in my hands
Even after engulfing all the flames,
It still continues to flow, gently and broadly
I will reach its tranquility
Always, someday, for sure
With your hand in mine...

"Wonderful" Aizen appraised her as he was clapping his hands. "You're indeed have talent. Your voice is beautiful" Aizen praised her.

"Eh? N-No, it's not like that. I just love to sing, that's all"