Chapter 19 - Heart

Hikari's POV

Nauseous.

That's what I felt every single day.

My condition became worse. I don't have any appetite. Every time I swallow the food in to my system, my body couldn't take it and threw everything away. I had a trouble to sleep. My nightmare continued to chase me. It was like the nightmare will never leave me alone. Felt like as a reminder of who I am.

Ever since then, Aizen-san always stayed beside me. Sometimes I felt so happy having him beside me but at the same time, I was sad. Because I always thought he only cared with my power which I knew, he stayed because he was really cared about me.

"You know, you should eat something and you can rest" He said. He always said that. I wanted to but my body never respond to me. I could only sleep if he was around. The minute he was gone, the nightmare immediately came to me. Hunting me down. 

As for today, I had a fever. Aizen-san was the one who take care of me. This kind of fever was the same before I came here. Aizen-san told me because of my strong power was the reason that made me always sick because my body couldn't take it. 

I hate this.

I never wanted this power. I just want to be normal.

Was it wrong for me to be normal?

Why I have this power?

I could feel tears starting to dripped down to my cheeks. Usually, when I felt alone and sad-I always sang something. I wonder if this time, it would helped me forget the pain for a moment. I looked outside the window. The same dark sky. The same moon always attached on the same spot. I missed seeing the blue sky, the bright sun.

In this quiet night, I'm waiting for you
So come take back the smile you forgot back then
Just a little time has passed since then
And the memories have become gentle

In the place where stars fall
I was always hoping
That you were smiling
Though now we're far apart
We can meet again, right?

"Beautiful song" I immediately stopped singing as I saw Aizen-san was on the door with a tray on his right hand. I missed on how he complimented my song and my voice. I don't want to lose my voice as it was the only thing that keep me going. And because of this voice, Aizen-san loved it. I would do anything to protect it.

He closed the door and came to me. He sat on the edge of the bed and I could smell the porridge. Just from the smell, I immediately wanted to throw up. Before he could said anything, I just shook my head like always-implying that I don't want to eat anything. The last time I tried, I spilled everything out of me.

"Hikari, you need to eat. Just a few spoons and I will leave you alone" He was trying to convinced me. I wanted to eat but I was scared that I will spoiled everything again. I gave up and got up and sat on the bed. He placed the tray between my legs. I took a deep breath, hoping this time I won't spilled everything again. I grabbed the spoon, took some of the porridge on it and I closed my eyes while bringing the food in to my mouth.

Thank God this time I could swallow it.

I could only take five spoons but Aizen-san didn't mind. He took the plate and gave the medicine. Right after I drank the medicine, I tried to sleep again but before he could move...I grabbed the tip of his clothes.

"Please stay with me. I...I'm scared" I begged to him, hoping he will stayed with me like he always did.

"All right" He put the tray on the top of the nightstand and he returned to sit on the edge of the bed. He took one of my hand while his other hand caressed my cheek. I loved on how he shown his affection to me. And with his simple action, I closed my eyes.