30- Time for the Exciting Part. GOSSIP

The drive to Rose's house was less then 5 minutes which was great since I was one step closer to my kettle corn.

I called her to open the gate but I was greeted with questions instead.

"Took you long enough. What were you doing, I though you said you just need to drop of Justin? I know for a fact that its less than a 5 minute drive here plus about 10 minutes to drive to this side, so that should be top 15minutes. It's been more them 20 minutes, care to explain."   

 Rose might be the carefree full of life and spirit but she's actually great at connecting the dots. she might not be great at trig but throw any life problem at her and she will solve it.  

"Well hello to you too. If you must know, I was distracted by Leo. He is adorable and so smart. He might be the first big dog that I like. So I blame on my tardiness" I told her as I drove up her drive way.

"Okay I'll let it slide this one time but don't think this is the end of the Justin talk. Come inside the door is unlocked, I'm in the kitchen." and just like that she hung up. 

I parked the car and walked to her house. Roses house has one of the most beautiful gardens I've ever seen, so I always take my time walking to the door. I normally stop and smell the rose, but I was already running late as it is so a quick glance will do. 

I open the front door, feeling weird just walking into someone else house with out ring the door and letting myself in. I've been to her house multiple time, so I know my way around it but it still feels weird. 

"Hi Jasmine nice to see you. I heard you were going to help Rose. Will is instructing at boot camp for the weekend so he couldn't help, and God knows I have no clue about any kind of math beyond simple geometry. Rose is set up in the kitchen. I will be in the living room if you need anything, that includes making more popcorn. I don't mind making more."  I was greeted by Mrs. Leslie as she made her way to living room with a bowl of popcorn.

"Hey Mrs. Leslie. Nice to see you too. Okay I will let you know." I gave her a hug as best I could with out spilling her popcorn. 

"Jasmine how many times have I told you it just Leslie. It makes me feel old if you add the Mrs." She playfully sculled. Rose definitely gets her spirit from her.

"My mom says the same thing. Yet she's also the one that told me to always add the title to everyones name." My mom can be strict and respecting your elder is her biggest thing. 

"Well I see the confusion then. But you're basically my daughter so there is no need. You can add the tittle to my name when you're in front of your mom so you don't get in trouble. It can be our little secret." She continued to walk down the hall. 

"OH JASMINE bye the way I called your mom to let her know you were here. I know she tends to worry. Okay that's all I think." She called out right before I was going to enter the kitchen area. 

I forget to tell my parents where I'm, which is really bad given the fact that my mom is overprotected and strict. I even forgot to tell Jess, he thinks I'm just dropping of Justin and coming straight home. 

I quickly pulled out my phone and send a group text to all three letting them know I was at Rose's. 

"JAAAAAAAASMINE!!!! Okay I guess I will just eat all the popcorn by myself." I was pulled back to reality with the mention of popcorn. 

"What? NO! I was just texting Jesse and my parents where I was. Don't eat my portion." I walked over to the table where she was seated with books and papers all over, but my eyes were focused on the huge bowl of popcorn. 

I went over and grabbed a handful before even properly greeting Rose.  I know what you're think a great friend, but you have never tasted kettle corn like this. Trust me this popcorn will change the way you view popcorn for the rest of your life.