25- Sweet Spicy and Everything Sassy

I cut through the field and walked up to the players benches. Most of the guys were looking down or to busy re-hydrating to notice me. I went right up to Jess. He was busy "tying" his cleats, but I knew he does that when he is nervous or mad. He ties and reties his cleats countless times before he goes back on field.

"You and I both now they are perfectly tight and perfectly knotted." I was trying to keep my anger under control. Jesse looked at me shocked. I rarely do this so he knows this must be important.

"Don't look at me like that you know what I'm doing here." This time my sass came out. Some of the players looked up at me at this point.

"Jazz you are breaking tradition. We are loosing and you being here​ is going to bring us more bad luck." His voice held some anger but mostly worry.

"Jess do you really think luck is going to have an effect on this game. Like Hope would say, luck has nothing to do with a win or lose. So don't come at me with luck and traditions." Yep emotions are full blast now.

"She does have a point Jesse. Those goals against use were not because of our bad luck or the others teams good luck. It was because of errors." Casey came and stood next to me.

" You guys can still win this game. Everyone knows a 2-0 score board is the most tricky score board. You can still make a come back. The other teams is going to slack it off thinking they have the win, so you can use this to your advantage. If you guys step it up you can level the score board." I was talking to the whole team now. All eyes were on me, even Coach H was paying attention.

"Arden any suggestion on any chances that need to me done." Coach H had a proud smile on his face.

"Uhm defense needs to keep a shorter leash on their forwards, they are quick so keep them close and prevent them from becoming available. Middle is doing good just need to be a bit faster on the passes if you want to keep them on their toes. Strikers need to take shots, even if it means taking shots with their weak foot. A bad aimed attempt is better then no attempt. The referees are doing a horrible job so you guys have to pay smart, don't push any play that will cause a foul or a card. The last thing we need is a card against us or an injury." I always hate being put on the spot but this needs to be done. I made quick eye contact with each player, they need to know I'm supportive.

"That's exactly what I was thinking. Don't be scared to use your non-domination foot, remember that a switch play or fake can lead to a goal. They are fast which means​ they will tire out faster use this to your favor. Our passing game will also tire them out. Work smarter not harder. If worse comes to worse we come out tied and go the penalties, its not the best outcome but we could still get a win if that happens." Coach Hernandez was one of those coach that keep it short to the point.

"We need a solid win and a solid win is what we will get. Arden will see a solid win. RIGHT!!!!" Jake stood up. He was not a captain but he was very encouraging player. He gained greater respect after came back from his surgery.

"RIGHT!!!!" The team yelled back.

"Good. I didn't come back to see you lose." I smiled back.

"Sweet, spicy, and EVERYTHING SASSY!!!!!" A few players yelled back. This has been their "motto" for me. I'm not really sure who started it but it stuck over the years. I'm normally nice and sweet but once in a blue moon the sass comes out. So its been long since I've heard that. It made me laugh.

"Arden we will love to keep you here but we need to keep some of the traditions. So shew go keep J from stressing too​ much. He didn't yell much last half which is not a good sign from him, tell him to stop tacking notes and relax. I expect our number one fans to cheer us on, and please don't be to sassy with the refs. We love your sassy side but they might not." Coach playfully sculled me.