63 - A Bad Apple That Can Ruin The Bunch

"Thank you so much Jasmine, and thank you for your courage. Justin finally made it and he will be also speaking. Justin if you will like you can come forward thank you for not interrupting and sitting in the back." Coach was doing great leading this mock trial but I can tell he is on the verge of breaking. 

"No problem, and I am sorry for being late I was not able to get away like I thought. Well I am Justin Orwell I am the assistant coach for the U-17 and sometimes help with the younger teams on offense  training. I would say I am new to the team, but I have come to know my players in the few months I have been here. But I would like to state that due to our close age I have tried to keep it more professional than friendly. But I have come to know each one of my players. I've also gone to school with Jasmine for years and have learn that she is strong and honest." He sounded different I have never heard him speak in this tone. 

Then I felt a pit in my stomach. He must have heard my testimonial. I had not told him much details of my life he had a glimpse of what I go through with the cat calls but he probably didn't expect it to go that extreme. I knew after this he will have a lot more questions, but at this point I think I can speak to anyone about anything. 

"As for Zack, he is a gifted player even at his young age I can tell he was capable of greatness. But like others have said, he has always been the odd one out in the team. He plays by his own rules and doesn't have a team mentality. He also has no grasp for others needs or emotions, his jokes and comments often come off as rude and boarder line inappropriate. And trust me I know the difference between bander and being rude.

I have played in countless teams and I am proud to say that Coach Hernandez has build a great establishment. But one bad player can poison the reputation he has build, and Zack has become a bad apple that can ruin the bunch. And from the horrible action he decided to take this past weekend it is clear that he refuses to uphold any good morals that we hope our players follow. If he can't follow the simple rules of a soccer game I can't imagine him following the rules in the real world once he is an adult." He walk over to were Zack and his dad were sitting. 

"Like Zack I am the son of two lawyers, but that doesn't matter much in the real world I have learned. I have learned over the years that you can't smooth talk your way out of everything, my parents thought me that early own. But it is clear that you sir did not teach him that, maybe because you yourself believe you can get away with anything using sly words and a fat bank account." Oh my got he really went there, I didn't think Mr. Davis' face could get any redder "But what he did to Jasmine that day and all the countless other days is not going to be forgiven or be washed a way with a cash settlement. Your money may have kept your son here for longer period of time than he deserved, but skills and money can only go so far. 

I am sad that the Lord has blessed you with such skills that most likely will go to waste after today. You will leave but just know that you will never find better teams, schools, coaches, or friends than what we have here. No amount of money, titles, degrees, or smooth talking will get your son the opportunities he had lined up here. 

I can confidently say that Zack has broken more than enough rules to be dismissed, and he should be thankful that only his soccer career will be effected, but I'm sure you two know that since you have stayed quite after hearing the atrocities he has done out loud. My parents have told me that the weight of our actions seem to add more pressure on our shoulders when we say them out loud but they are a slap to the face when others spell them out for you." Justin turned around and sat in an empty chair next to Casey. 

"Thank you Justin for those wise words. I will now let the Zack speak. And as a reminder Mr. Davids is not allowed to talk he is here only for formality." Coach cleared his throat signaling him to go.