23- What's With the Long Face

"What do you say we get something to eat? I'm starving I only had an apple for breakfast." Justin asked just as the reff blew the whistle.

The second half ended 2-0. They were some close calls on both sides but in the end we won.

"Uhm do you know the schedule? You're a 'coach and you don't even know when your team plays. Their second game is in like 15 minutes." I will not miss their game.

"What!?! Are they trying to kill the players. Players need a minimum of an hour between games. They are going to be dead on the field." He was mad.

"That what I thought. But you know these tournament are on a strict schedule and their is not postponing games." I can see from across the field how the players were struggling to catch their breath and drinking a ton a water.

This gave me an idea.

"There is 15 players right. If two players share a Gatorade that will mean we will need at least 8 bottles right." I quickly did the math in my head.

"Uhm yeah. We're are you going with this?" Justin have me a confused look.

"You'll see. I'll be right back." I grabbed my wallet and stood up bring my empty backpack as well.

I jogged over to the food court and bought 8 Gatorades. The lady was nice and sold them to me for $2 instead of usual $2.50. I used my debit card, my dad wouldn't mind if spend it on the team.

I stuffed most of them in my bag, but the last two didn't fit so I carried them by hand.

I jogged over to the field, but this time it was a bit harder since I was carrying extras weight. Desperate times calls for desperate measures.

"I bring you your saving grace in the form of salty fluids." I got to the player side of the field. The players were siting in a some what of a circle.

"ARDEN!!!!" one of the players attacked me in a sweaty hug.

"Jose get off me or your not getting any salts. We've gone over this guys, no hug if you are sweaty." I said that to the whole group.

"I only bought 8 so remember 'sharing in caring'. Half a bottle per person, better then nothing." I passed around the drinks.

"Arden you're the true MVP. This is why you're a fave." Jose was always the spokesperson. He might not be a co captain, but he sure loves to talk.

"I was just worried for y'all. 15 minutes is not enough to recover from a game. I though giving you some electrolytes will help. So drink up the salts." I walked my way to Jesse.

"Why do you always call them salts? I know their technically salts, but that just makes it unappealing. But thanks this will help a ton." Jesse hates it when I call Gatorade salt so I always call it that just to bug him.

"I love to bug you that's why. It's salty water with flavoring nothing more nothing less. It does its job no matter what I call it." Jesse was about to respond when Casey came over.

"Bae your the best!! I knew I choose a good one. But don't you act like I didn't see you get cozy with Coach J." He gave me a fake jealous look.

"Oh trust me it was not by choice. He literally held me hostage." I explained to him.

"Do you need me to be activate FBF." He had a code for fake boyfriend.

"No it won't work he knows the truth. He believed we were a 'thing', it was really funny." I laughed.

"Oh I can tell, why do you think I played up the bae think. I was gauging his reaction. It's fun to mess with the new comers. " Casey and I always like messing with the new players that join the team.