chapter 54

quick authors note before we get into this chapter;
there are only about 6 chapters left of this book! ;'( i have enjoyed writing this story, and to be honest, i don't want it to end. so, i'm planning a prequel, if you guys would like it. if you would, please vote for this book and comment on this chapter titles for the next book!
thank you all for the support, old and new supporters, i love you, you keep me writing.
back to the story.
-----------------------------------------
katherine's pov
i hear joe turn the key in the lock of the door and it opening. i turn my head and am greeted with a huge lick on the face.

at first, i thought it was joe, and get ready to lick him back, but an adorable puppy is panting, almost smiling at me.

i slowly get up, in shock, and look at joe, wide- eyed. "you didn't." i say.

"oh, but i did." he says, handing me the puppy.

"oh my god! it's so cute! i can't believe you got me a puppy! no freaking way joe! you're kidding, right?" i splutter, hugging the fur baby. my fur baby.

"no, im not kidding, that is your new best friend. by the way, it's a girl. and she hasn't got a name." he says, planting a kiss on my cheek.

william gurgles from the floor, so joe picks him up so he can interact with the dog. i am so in shock i can just psychopathically chuckle. continuously.

"so, i take it you like her?"

"like her?! i ADORE her!" i exclaim, spinning round in a circle before placing a gentle kiss on her head.

william makes a few more noises, then lets out an adorable little giggle.

me and joe look at each other proudly. "he had his first laugh." joe said, hugging him tight to him.

"wow, our little man is growing fast," i say, overwhelmed, "i can't believe he's this old already!"

"i know, it's crazy. before we know it, he'll be one." joe says, puffing his cheeks out, shaking his head and kissing williams cheek. then he puts him on the floor, sitting with him.

"so, have you come up with a name?" joe asks as i sit down on the floor.

"i think something like a girly cartoon character or something would be nice. let me google some names real quick," i say, reaching for my phone.

'cartoon girls names for dogs' i type in, and eventually settle on the name pebbles (like pebbles flintstone) i thought it was so cute, and joe said he did too. so it was decided. our new puppy was called pebbles.