Chapter 42

Joe's POV
I was sitting across from Katherine, and any time she spoke or laughed my head would fall onto my hand and I would gaze at her lovingly.

I can't believe I got so lucky, to have her as my wife.

I had a little surprise for her that I was going to give to her soon, in the restaurant, and I was so happy with myself for doing it. It was super cheesy and cringey, but I didn't care.

"Can I just say something?" I pipe up over Alfie attempting to make a bad joke. Again.

"What's up?" Katherine asked, frowning at me in confusion.

"The sky?" Alfie cracked up laughing, clapping his hands and leaning backwards.

I shake my head in disapproval and look at Katherine.

"I don't care how cheesy this is right now but here goes; your smile makes me so happy to see. It makes me happy, when you're happy, when you're sad, I'm even sadder. You are the most beautiful woman I've ever seen and I'm so lucky to be able to call you mine. I know we're already married, and we have a family, but will you take this ring?" I read aloud, pulling out a box of a rose gold diamond ring. (Picture above)

Her face showed a shocked, confused, happy, emotional, amused kind of emotion on it.
"You really did this for me?" She smiles, placing her hand on top of mine.
"Of course I did." I say back, showing her the ring I had bought her.

"Will you take this ring?" I ask again, to which she laughed and nodded her head eagerly,
"why wouldn't I?" She responds.

I take the ring out the box and place it below her wedding ring on her ring finger.
"Beautiful." I say, and kiss her hand.

She admires it for a second before showing it off to Zoe and Alfie and the waitress who came over soon after.

"It's like a promise ring, I guess. I don't know what to call it. I wanted you to know how special you are to me." I shrug and kiss her hand again as the waitress passes around our meals.

"How sweet of you." The waitress says, clearly attempting to sound enthusiastic and happy.

"She totally has a thing for you Joe!" Katherine acknowledges as she walks away back to the bar.

"Well, who wouldn't?" I smirk, flexing my muscles.

Katherine shakes her head, laughing.

Her phone makes a sound and she checks it.
"It's only a text from your mum." She says, opening her phone up, "Williams asleep with his piggy and fell asleep while drinking his milk on the sofa with your mum." She reads off her phone.

"AW Joe look at this little cutie!" She says, showing me her phone. It's a picture of William asleep on mum with his piggy toy, sucking his thumb.

"That is adorable, I must say." I say, sticking my bottom lip out at my sons cuteness.