Chapter 30

Joe's POV
We waited about an hour or two to order our pizza, just to see if the contractions got any worse. They did.
The next thing I know, I hear Katherine making a strange noise next to me. I turn my head to look at her, and she is clutching her stomach and swaying in circles.
"You alright babe?" I ask, placing a hand on her shoulder.
"They're getting worse." She says, tightening her eyes shut.
"Okay. We need to ring Marie then. How long ago did you ring her?"
"Nearly two hours ago." She says bluntly, then her face begins to loosen up, as if the pain had gone away.
"Okay. Here's your phone. Ring her." I say, passing the phone to her.

She dials the number and waits for Marie to pick up the phone.
"Hello? Marie?" She asks, putting the phone on loud speaker.
"Hi Katherine, is everything alright?" Marie says from the other line.
"Yes- well, kind of. I am in more pain than I was when I rang you last. They're closer together and longer, and more intense."
"Okay. Do you need me to come to you? To check you?" Marie asks. I look at Katherine, hoping she'd say yes.
"If that's possible, yes please."
I quietly sigh in relief, and smile at Katherine, holding her hand.
"Okay, thank you. See you soon. Bye." Katherine hangs the phone up and grabs the bag of pretzels from the coffee table.

"Go easy now, don't want you pooping when you're having the baby." I laugh at the image, then realize how disgusting it actually was.
"Ew. That's so gross joe!" Katherine squeals, playfully hitting my arm.

Soon, the doorbell rings. I instantly know it's Marie and urge Katherine to stay on the sofa.
I get up to answer the door and let Marie in.

"Okay darling, tell me every detail about the contractions you're having."