Chapter 29

Katherine's POV
Joe and I were at home, watching reruns of old Friends shows, eating donuts as I had been having a weird craving for them recently.

"What do you fancy for dinner tonight babe? I'll make you anything you want in the world." Joe asked, turning his entire body around to face me.
"Well, I have been thinking about pizza all day yesterday and today, so could we get that?" I asked him hopefully.
"Of course, have you felt any sign of the baby coming soon?" He places a hand gently on my stomach.
"I think I felt something like a super mild, not painful contraction earlier. I don't know what it was, but I hope it was the start of this baby coming out of me!" I groan, wishing the baby would be here soon. I was getting tired of this pregnancy, not going to lie, and I just wanted to meet my baby boy.
"Really? Maybe you should call your midwife or something, ask her what it was then?" He asked me, reaching over the sofa to grab my phone off the unit.
"No I'll be fine- actually, yeah I might. I can feel one now." I laughed, taking my phone from him.

I dialed her number and waited for it to ring.
Eventually she picked up, and I explained what had happened.

"Hi Marie, so this morning and last night I have been having these type of cramps in my lower stomach area, and I was just wondering if you could tell me what they possibly were?"
"Oh hi Katherine, yes of course, is it possible that you could tell me how long the cramps are for?"
"They're about twenty to thirty seconds long, and very mild." I explain.
"Well, they could be early contractions, as you could have the baby any time now, basically. Give me a call if they get worse, and I'll tell you what to do from there. Okay?"
"Okay. Thanks very much Marie. Bye."
"Bye Katherine." And she hangs up the phone.

I explain to Joe what Marie said, and he nods, asking if I still wanted the pizza.

"Uhm, of course!" I reply, and he laughs walking over to the kitchen where his phone was charging.