Chapter 15

Katherine's POV
I woke up to the sound of my phone ringing from underneath me.
I rolled over uncomfortably and slowly, and pulled my phone out from under my back.
The caller ID was Zoella478191763991104 (joes joke that he put into my phone), so I answered to the sound of a sobbing Zoë.
"Zoë what's wrong why are you crying?!" I sit up abruptly, biting my lip.
"My- my dads been taken into hospital!" She cried, and I can hear a scream following after.
"Zoë, calm down I'll go and wake up Joe and we'll be on our way, okay stay calm." I say to her, staying on the phone as I run into the living room where Joe lay asleep on the sofa.
"Joe! Wake up! It's an emergency and we need to get to Zoë immediately!" I scream, shaking him awake.
"Wha- what's wrong? What's happened Zoë?!" Joe shouts, taking the phone from my hand.
He puts it on loud speaker and as she speaks, his face drops. He goes as white as a ghost and he starts rushing towards the front door, grabbing keys and his wallet.
"Okay, calm down, we're leaving now." Joe says, hanging up the phone. I run- kind of- and open the door, unlocking my car this time and getting in the drivers seat.
"Get in! We need to get there." I shout, turning on the car.

Joes POV
My dad was in hospital. I don't know what happened to him though- he was such a fit and healthy man who was always walking everywhere.
I was instantly thinking ahead of myself, my mind was racing as was my heart.
I feel myself slip in and out of consciousness, bringing back memories of dealing with Zoës anxiety attacks.
All I know is that I feel trapped inside the car, and I feel like I can't breathe. I need to get to Zoë and my dad now.
We pull up outside Zoë and Alfie's house after a drive which seemed to take forever for me, and I run inside.
I had a spare key, so I let us in and we run into the living room where a frantic Nala is running round a distraught Zoë.
"Zo tell me everything and then we're heading to the hospital." Katherine runs and grabs the hand that Alfie isn't holding of Zoë's.
"I got a phone call from a number that wasn't in my contacts- it wasn't a mobile phone number- I know that- so I picked it up, and I am so glad i did. I never pick up to random numbers, you see. It was the hospital- they- they said we need to go there. Because dad has been rushed into hospital, but she can't tell us any details over the phone, just in person. Then they hung up and I just broke down crying- that's when I called you." She sobs, hugging into Katherine's shoulder.
"Okay, let's go to the hospital, stay calm." Alfie says, standing up, taking Zoë with him. Katherine runs over to me, and I just collapse into a puddle of tears. I loved my dad so much, I couldn't bear to lose him.

We all get in the car and drive to the hospital, Zoë and Alfie in the back, Katherine driving and me in the passenger seat.
It was about a 25 minute drive to the hospital dad was in. 25 minutes too long for both Zoë and I.
We finally arrive and we shoot out of the car doors, and through the hospital entrance, nearly crashing into people as we made our way to the front desk.
"Who are you here for loves?" The receptionist lady asks us, looking at her computer screen, ready to type.
"Graham Sugg. Please." Zoë cries, biting her thumb anxiously.
"Ah yes, accepting visitors, room 495, first flight of stairs through the double doors on your left, up those, Maple Ward; second door on your right as you get to the top of the stairs and through the next set of double doors." She says, pointing to the nearest doors.
"Thanks so much." Alfie and Katherine say as Zoë and I rush towards the directed way we were given.
We run straight to the ward, and ask for the room number he's in again.
"495." The man says grumpily, eyeing us all up and down.
"Thanks." We run to room 495 and enter it.
I burst into tears at the sight. Dad was laying there, wires going in and out of his body, oxygen tubes and masks and sheets and drips and anything in a hospital you don't want to see on your dad.
He is barely breathing, and his heart rate isn't normal. There is a nurse in the room, measuring his blood, heartbeat, temperature, sugar levels and brain cells.
"Sit down and I'll tell you everything. Son and daughter, right?" She asks, pointing at Zoë and me.
"Yes and- and this is my wife and that's Zoë's partner." I say, sitting down, wiping my eyes and nose with a hankie that dad gave me when I was younger and I kept for all these years.
"Okay. That's fine. I'll continue measuring everything while I tell you, and the main doctor will be here any minute now, stay calm, I will try to sort everything out as best I can do guys. Just bear with me. I'm so sorry you have to go through this by the way, i was in the same position as you when I was twelve." She says as the doctor walks in, clipping charts to his clipboard.
"Good afternoon everyone. I see you're here to see Mr Sugg and find out everything that has gone on here, correct?" He says, grabbing a pen.
"Yes Doctor." Zoë says, laying her head on Alfie's shoulder and sobbing silently.
"Okay. Well, unfortunately your father suffered a severe heart attack. It would be easier to deal with if it wasn't as major, and wasn't both ordeals. But we have been doing everything we can do to-"
"Is he going to be okay?" I cut him off, sniffing and looking down.
"Mr Sugg, we are doing everything we can do to get him back on track as best as we possibly can, but he will never be completely stable as he was beforehand. We have been thinking about surgery- as he is in an induced coma, we think it could help this situation. But, we need permission from family members." He says, raising his eyebrows at Zoë and I.
"He needs this surgery. If it's going to help him, do it now. We can't lose our dad. Please do the surgery Doctor, I'm begging you." I cry, and hold dads hand.
"We need you to exit the room, please do go home and get some rest and we will call you when the surgery is over." The doctor shows us to the door and lets us out.
"Thankyou." I murmur as we walk away without another word for the entire way home.

••••
Authors note
Omg you guys I cried while writing this I feel bad for the Sugg's.. :(
-madz xoxo