Chapter 25

Zoë's POV
I called Katherine and invited her out for lunch. She couldn't decide on where we would go to eat, though so she gave me the choice.
I chose to go to the pier, as I always find it really relaxing on there, makes me feel more human.
Also, it helps calm my anxiety down quite a bit, and with my dad's funeral recently, I had been feeling a bit down and anxious since it.
I quickly applied some more highlighter and brow pencil, rose gold eyeshadow and lipstick.
Then for clothes I put on some black tights, black ankle boots, a maroon jumper and a black skirt.
It was quite a chilly day today, so I went for the warm option.
I quickly tied my hair back into my statement half up half down bun style, sprayed a bit of perfume and then grabbed my purse and phone.
"Nala!" I called my pug as I walked towards her lead. "Nala! Come here!"
She comes running towards me, and as soon as she sees me take the lead off the coat hook, she goes absolutely crazy, barking and howling and all.
I giggled and leant down to clip her lead onto her harness.
I put a handful of cry treats in a clear plastic ziplock bag, into my pocket and I unlocked the front door, heading out to the car.
I placed Nala on the passenger seat next to me and turned the key in the ignition.
The gates allowed me to go through. I shut them once I was out, and then headed off towards Joe and Katherine's apartment.
I texted her telling her I was outside, and a few seconds later she was out the front door and into my car.
Nala had to sit in the backseat now, as Katherine couldn't hold her on her lap; her stomach was in the way.
She was coming up to eight months in her pregnancy, and I couldn't be more excited to be an aunt.
We chatted, gossiped and laughed all the way there, then we got out and walked along the seafront with Nala until we got to the pier.

We got to my favorite restaurant and went inside, being shown to a table by a waiter.
"Aw look how adorable he is!" Katherine stated as the young waiter walked away with our drinks order.
"Katherine he looks about sixteen!" I chuckled, checking my phone for missed calls or texts. None.
"Yeah I know silly, I wasn't saying it in a creepy way, I was saying he was adorable." She replied, giggling.
"Oh, alright then."
We ordered our meal, and half an hour later it arrived. We both ordered a J20 Mango and Passionfruit to go with my chicken burger with salad, and Katherine's extra large hotdog with extra fries and a side of garlic dip.
She has been eating so much recently, due to the pregnancy, and I found it quite funny how she could eat non stop for hours and hours, eating nothing but junk food and unhealthy food.
We ate our meal, and thankfully the restaurant was dog friendly, so we could take Nala in with us. She made friends with a poodle, named Milly.
Eventually, we decided on walking along the pier to burn off our lunch before going home again.
We took some snapchat selfies and some Instagram shots of the winter beach and sea.

We got in the car, laughing still, and made our way back home again.