Chapter 40

Katherine's POV
I wake up to the sound of music playing. I was in mine and Joe's bed, but Joe wasn't beside me. Neither was William.
Wondering where they could be, I get up and go into the living room.
Joe is standing by the kitchen island, laying down a bunch of red roses on there.

"Katherine you can't see what I'm doing!" Joe whined and stood as if he was guarding the roses.
"What is all this? What are you doing?" I said giggling.

William is in his rocking, transportable crib, awake and watching the mobile above him.

"N... nothing." Joe stammered, and I take a step closer to him.
"Joe, what are those roses for?" I ask, smiling.
"Oh, Katherine you weren't supposed to see this yet!" He says, turning around but still looking at me over his shoulder, grinning.
"What is it?" I ask again, walking towards him.
He grabs the roses and turns around, cheekily grinning.
"Joe, what's this all for?" I laugh, smiling at him.
"For you."
"Why?" I tilt my head to the side questioningly.
"Just because." He shrugs, and hands me the bunch of flowers.
"Well... thank you." I say, and I kiss him on the nose gently and hug him. "I really appreciate it."

"Also, I called my mum whilst you were asleep. She's willing to have William for the night, here, so we can do something. Together. For once." He says, smiling.
"Like a date?" I ask.
"Like a date." He agrees, taking me over to William.

We look over the crib at our new son, and watch him as he studies the mobile and what it's doing.

I can see his little mind going crazy at all his new surroundings, he's so cute and I love him so much.

I pick him up and cradle him, touching his nose ever so slightly.
Just at that moment, the door the door swings open.
Alarmed, I look up to see who it was.

It was Tracey, Zoe, and Alfie. I gave a relieved look and gave William to Joe.
I ran- waddled- up and hugged them all, and asked why they were all here.

"We are all going on a double date!" Zoe enthusiastically shouts, giggling at the end of her random outbreak.
"Really? That's so cool!" I say, hugging her.
"So how's little Will doing?" She asks, walking over to Joe who is now with Tracey who is in awe of William, speaking to him in baby- language. She is cuddling him and making faces and kissing him and generally doing what new grandmas do. I laugh at her, and greet Alfie.
"Hi Alfie you okay?" I ask him as I close the front door.
"Yeah I'm good thanks, you?"
"I'm really good thanks. Also, can I ask how you got in here?" I giggle, grabbing an dorito with some dip from the island.
"Joe gave Zoe a key." He laughs, showing it to me.
"Ah, I see." I laugh also, and go over to Tracey, Joe and Zoe. Alfie follows.
We all share a precious moment with the new baby and then I go to get ready to go out tonight.