Chapter 10

Katherine's POV
We arrived at the doctors and checked in. We sat in the waiting room in silence on our phones, scrolling through social media. I put a sneaky photo of my boots on my snapchat story with the caption "secret mission. Q&A will tell you everything soon! <3" and posted it.
"Katherine Sugg?" The nurse called us in and we followed her into the room.
"Okay, please lay down. You can take off your jacket if you want to." She said, flicking through files, eventually coming to my folder, taking it out of the drawer.
"Okay. So you're here for a three month scan and checkup, correct?"
"That's right." I nodded, lifting up my top.
"Okay, would you like to find out the sex of the baby? You're far enough along in the pregnancy if you would like to." She asked, squeezing the gel onto my stomach.
"Yes please." I looked at Joe, who nodded and grabbed my hand.
"Very well. Okay, here we can see a foot, a leg, a bottom-" she trailed off, smiling. "Brace yourselves..." She says, chuckling.
"You're having a little... Boy!" She exclaimed, looking around some more."
I clapped, tearing up. Joe leaned down and kissed my forehead, wiping my tears with a tissue.
"Okay congratulations you too! See you in a few weeks." The nurse says, wiping off the excess gel from my skin.
"Thanks so much doc." I stand up and put my coat back on, and we leave.
"Thanks. Bye." We check out at reception, making our way back out to the car.
"Oh my god I'm so excited!" I squealed and hugged Joe, kissing him happily.
"Me too baby! After lunch, what do you say we go and do a little baby shopping in the lanes and everything?" Joe asked, grinning.
"Of course!" I reply, unlocking my phone. "Should I FaceTime Zoë and Alfie to tell them the news or should we invite them and all our parents to dinner?" I ask Joe, glancing up at him from my phone.
"I think it would be better for them to come round tonight. Is that okay with you babe?" He reversed out of the car park space.
"Yep. That's okay. I'll text them all."
I go into messages and create a new group chat. I include Zoë, Alfie, Tracey, and graham. I obviously can't invite my family because they all live in either South Africa or California.
'Hey everyone, it's Katherine. It would be lovely to see you all this evening, so if possible, want to come round for dinner tonight? We have some news to tell you, but it would just be really nice to see you. Please get back to me asap, love K xx' I type the text and send it to all four of them. Then I decide to add Joe into the chat, so he knew what was going on too.

We go to GBK in Brighton. I ordered a burger, some skinny fries and garlic mayonnaise with a water. I am having strange cravings for berries and garlic right now, but I guess it's kind of an effect of pregnancy.

Then, after we've eaten and paid, we go baby shopping. In the end, we pick up some blue socks, baby grows, hats, diapers, mittens, some tiny adidas shoes and a blue and white teddy bear.

"Well that was a successful shopping trip!" I exclaim.

We drive home again and when we get in, we collapse on the sofa, surrounded by baby items.
"Oh my god. I dread to think how much money we spent just then." Joe says, chuckling.
"I know, right? At least our little boy will be prepared when he's born and home again." I laugh, rubbing my stomach.
"Yeah, I guess so." He replies, turning on the tv.