Chapter 45

Joe's POV
Katherine kisses me on the cheek, which makes me smile. I love her so much. She is my absolute world.

I was making breakfast with Zoe. Alfie was still asleep; he's always the last one up. Zoe told me she was going to jump on him to wake him up, and I had to vlog the whole thing.

"Zoe, oh my god. What's wrong with you? You could have given me heart attack!" He laughs, clutching his chest and arm, where Zoe landed on him.

Then he hugs her, and pushes her off the bed jokily. Luckily, I had the whole thing on video.

Katherine was cradling William, bottle feeding him. She was such a great mother, and I always knew she would be the one to mother my children. And what do you know, she turned out to be. That made me so happy inside.

"So what do you want to do for your birthday babe?" I ask Katherine, putting an arm around her waist.

"Honestly, I really don't mind. Although, it would be really nice to see all our friends. We haven't seen them all in so long." She suggests.

"Oh yeah, that's a good idea actually. I'll see what I can do." I smile and give her a kiss on the cheek.

We all eat breakfast and then go off to get ready for the day. We decide on taking William and Nala for a walk along the seafront, to get some fresh air.

I dress William in a blue baby grow, white socks, a blue and white wooly hat and black jumper. Then, after I had got myself ready, I popped his pushchair up and grabbed his favorite teddy bear and blanket to put inside with him.

Katherine and Zoe come from our bedroom, all ready to go. Of course Alfie is last to be ready, again.

"Oh for gods sake Alfie, hurry up! We're all waiting for you out here!" I shout down the hallway.

"One second," he calls back to me.

Finally, he exits the spare bedroom and we head to their house to collect Nala.

She seems excited to see them, so they give her a quick feed and treat, and then clip her harness and leash on to her.

We then set out for our morning stroll along the beach.