Chapter 31

Katherine's POV
"Okay so every now and then I get a cramp-like pain in my lower stomach, and it hurts for about a minute now and is about two minutes apart." I explain to my private midwife, as she gathers some equipment from her bag.
"Right. What do they feel like?" She asks, turning on a machine and presses it to my lower stomach.
"They kind of feel like a period cramp but more sharp, like a burning sensation."
I can feel another one coming on, so I suck in my breath through my teeth and wince in pain.
"Okay, deep breathing. That's all you need to remember. It does look like contractions right now, so when they get worse or closer together we'll get you to the hospital, okay Katherine? I'll be with you every step of the way." She comforts me, making me instantly feel at ease knowing she'll help me through this labour.
"Okay." Is all I can say. The pain is progressively getting more and more painful and unbearable, making me rock and groan in discomfort.
Joe rolls the exercise ball over to me, and takes my hand to help me sit on it.
I bounce slowly, hopefully speeding things up. I wanted this baby out of me as soon as possible.

The contraction passed, and I breathed out in relief.

In the couple minutes I was pain free, I discussed birthing plans with Marie and Joe. Knowing they would be there with me made me feel so much better about it all, and made me feel more stronger.

However, when the next one came along, it was too aggressive, and I couldn't handle it.
I feel myself hitting the ground, everything is black. All I know is that I'm in pain.

•••••••••••
Sorry this was a short chapter, I'm writing a longer one now so mainly everything that lead on from this will be in there.
Hope you're enjoying, have a great day <3