chapter 51

joe's pov
seeing katherine celebrate her birthday with her family made me realize that they had never met william before. i needed to get him here, so i sent my mum a text asking her to pick him up and pay the babysitter for the time she was looking after him.

She arrived with my son twenty minutes later. katherine was sitting around a small table with her dad, step mum, brother and sister, catching up i think.

i take william from my mums arms and thank her for bringing him, and mum decides to stay for a while.

i take william over to katherine and her family, and they all immediately swoon over him, they love him.

"oh my goodness he's gorgeous!" her sister gushes, as does her step mum. her dad and brother shake my hand and congratulate me. they are really starting to feel like family to me.

katherine's pov
i couldn't believe that my family were here with me, in brighton. they'd traveled all the way over from the states to be with me on my birthday, and they were finally meeting my son. it couldn't get any more perfect than this.

i was having the best time, we were drinking and dancing all night long until the time came to open presents.

from joe i got another bunch of flowers, a best wife mug and coaster, and a floral skirt. from zoe and alfie i got a bottle of champagne, a new micheal kors purse and an anklet. from tracey i got a photo album of zoe, joe and i from when we were kids up until now, and that made me quite emotional. from my parents i got a gorgeous photo frame of us all in it, and a pair of sunglasses from Micheal kors, from my sister and her boyfriend ( who couldn't visit ) i got a bunch of flowers and a best sister bowl and plate set, which i thought was really cute. from my brother i got a bath set which contained bath bombs, body lotion and bubble bath. from william i got a best mummy photo canvas with pictures of me and him from the moment he was born up until a few days ago. from everyone else i got either cards or flowers.

this truly was the best birthday i had ever had, with my own little world.